• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What ya'll think about CROCK COOKING?

dcline9163

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
683   0
Reaction score
DD has been making me hungry over the last few days, so I bought a BOSTON BUTT at Ingles on sale last Tuesday. I put this baby on this morning about 11:00 am. I've done a bunch of these for family gatherings, birthdays, and weddings, and I've gotten pretty good at it over the years. This one is 9 1/2 pounds, I'll chop it up and use my homemade BBQ SAUCE on it.
IMG_2335.jpg

Love it !! Ever tried one with a Dr Pepper ?? Awesome !
Boston butt in crock, add onions , pour in one 12 oz can of DP, set on high for 4 hrs, low for 4 hrs....drain DP , shred, add bbq sauce !
yes sir it has DP in it, I coat it with BBQ sauce, cover it with black pepper, worcestershire sauce too, a little cayenne pepper too. cook for 6 hrs on high then 2 on low and slow.

I clicked on to see what size the Crock was, and how big a pot you had to cook him in.
I had to post something for making me also click on the Travolta joke. If you "Like" this post, I won't report you for the Travolta one.

DD has been making me hungry over the last few days, so I bought a BOSTON BUTT at Ingles on sale last Tuesday. I put this baby on this morning about 11:00 am. I've done a bunch of these for family gatherings, birthdays, and weddings, and I've gotten pretty good at it over the years. This one is 9 1/2 pounds, I'll chop it up and use my homemade BBQ SAUCE on it.View attachment 2524363

**** I’m droolin’...

Back
Top Bottom