• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What ya'll think about CROCK COOKING?

Look and smells great. Put that on those railroad ties and I bet they sail.
They'll cell, I don't fret if it takes a while, or I'll put them on the lake lot,it's getting weather to work with them, I might move them to put a camper in that stall. I ain't giving the butt away, by the way it was out of this world with my homemade BBQ sauce I make.

Not as good as I'd hoped considering the prep work involved. Could be because it's a Weight Watcher's recipe. Next time I'll smoke a butt on the smoker for a couple hours then transfer the meat and ingredients to a slow cooker for 10 hours on low heat. This was a pork loin roast (lean, can't convince the GF that meat day ain't going to kill her) that seemed stringy and not so tender after 4 hours on high heat.
IMG_20200310_165944.jpg
IMG_20200310_172252.jpg

DD has been making me hungry over the last few days, so I bought a BOSTON BUTT at Ingles on sale last Tuesday. I put this baby on this morning about 11:00 am. I've done a bunch of these for family gatherings, birthdays, and weddings, and I've gotten pretty good at it over the years. This one is 9 1/2 pounds, I'll chop it up and use my homemade BBQ SAUCE on it.View attachment 2524363
Hell ya!

I have several different sizes but love the big one with the lock down lid for traveling..Crock pot is the way to go at hunt camp..Prepare all at home then that morning or mid day of the hunt throw it together and go hunt..Wala dinner after you come back to camp. I always use either beef or chicken sauce for the crock rather than water! You did good Grasshopper, Gonna make Q Baby back slab another way this week, Also some Country Fried Steak, Gravy and Mash Taters also..It's just about the only thing I can do and keep an eye on my Bride..Chase the Passion think outside the box!! Live, love and eat...

Back
Top Bottom