what was your first car?

1971 Chevy Vega 2door station wagon, built 350 ( Lunati cam, Corvette heads & intake, TRW pistons & rods) TH350 trans with a heated 2nd gear sprag, rev limiter and a B&M slapstick.
Would shake the ground at idle, lay rubber in 2nd 25 yards, and pass everything but a gas station, would run in the high 11's.
Not mine, but exactly like it, looked totally stock sitting in a parking lot, but crank it up and everybody would just shake their heads.
Wife convinced me to sell when were getting married, sometimes I still B***h about that.

chevrolet-vega-10.jpg

1980 gold trans am complete with the bird on the hood! sadley underpowered with a 301 c.i. with a 2 barrel carb.replaced it 6 mths later with a 1980 Z 28 with a built 350 and 4 n the floor and it was on from there!!!

Image.jpgImage (2).jpg69 Barracuda with a flowered vinyl top. I know pics. Looking hard. Dad passed it down to all 6 kids as they became of age. He did it so he would know that everyone in town knew where we were at all times and could not get away with ****. Got I hated that car.Took me 11 months to save enough money to buy my own. Bought the 71 Monte Carlo, then a 4x4 Van that Arcman would be proud of for sure.

Last edited:
68 Dodge Super Bee , Orange with a black vinyl top, black interior, 4 speed, 383 magnum. I ran a jack hammer all summer working for one of my dads friends to save up the $650 it took to buy it. Looked just like this one, Still the fastest car I have ever been in. :-)

super bee.jpg
super bee 2.jpg
super bee1.jpg

69 Camaro convertable . I still have it 39 years later ant it has beeb redone two times. I am a auto tecnition and I will never be 17 again but when I drive it , I can remember when gas was 50 cents a gallon and I didn't have any aches and pains

Back
Top Bottom