• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

what was your first car?

67 Dodge Coronet
2 door hard top
Built 318 motor .30 over
Direct Connection 340 cam
Edelbrock intake manifold
Edelbrock 4 bbl carb
727 torqueflite tranny

Bought a 72 SS Nova in 82.... I can't remember how many times I rebuilt that thing... it screamed.... munci 4 speed... 350 small block...

A black 1978 Buick Regal given to me by my Grandparents in about 93. Came from the factory with a 77 Chevy 305 / 4bl, that was Buick blue (the window sticker was in the glove box). One of the cylinders had scored, so my grandfather had bored all of the them slightly over to match during a rebuild. Had the trans out of a 79 impala wagon that came from the factory with a towing shift kit. If you put your foot on the floor and opened the four barrel, you felt every shift. I think it had (1)29000 or so to start and I watched it show 00000 on the odometer twice, my Dad drove it for while after that as a beater work car and rolled the odometer again. The speedometer only went to 85 so I have no idea how fast it was, but it would pull a loaded trailer at 75+ and still have more if needed to pass. We'd put heaver and longer springs in the back so it sat level with a loaded trailer; that gave it a very nice stance without a trailer.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom