• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What suppressed rifle are you going to hunt with this year?

I've ears the gun sites threads are shouldered on the front sight, so be careful to check for concentricity. I've only seen one person who's had a problem with it.

thanks for the info! make sure to keep that in m ind for sure if i ever have the cash for a can. although ive had a small devil on my shoulder telling me to put my gunsite up for trade for an nice AR in 300BO...Daniel Defense would be nice....the devils just small right now, im hoping he doesnt get bigger! lol!

I'm not a "hunter" per se, but I've given some thought to going hog hunting. I'm thinking of getting a .300blk upper. I have a Surefire mount in 5/8x24 already and the stamp will hopefully be back around May/ June.

The 44mag supersonic really isn't bad. But what about the terminal ballistics of a 300gr at 1000fps? Is it humane to use?

As with any round, it would depend on shot placement but I don't see a problem with it. People have been harvesting deer with .45ACP for decades and it's less impressive than what you're talking about....or for that matter .300BLK subsonic which is an even smaller bullet than either the .44 or .45.

Last edited:
As with any round, it would depend on shat placement but I don't see a problem with it. People have been harvesting deer with .45ACP for decades and its less impressive than what you're talking about....or for that matter .300BLK subsonic which is an even smaller bullet than either the .44 or .45.

Haven't seen too many 45acp dropped deer. Guess your right though, it should be enough.

Haven't seen too many 45acp dropped deer. Guess your right though, it should be enough.

I have taken two with .45ACP and they dropped right where they stood, and my glock 21 was my main hunting weapon last season, just didn't get a chance to take a shot saw deer but they were either to far or not at the perfect angle or I just let them walk. It's kinda like bow hunting, you have to know you and your weapons limitations. Other than that it has done fine. Heck I trust myself way more with a handgun hunting than I do many many hunters with high powered rifles, just because someone buys a 300 WinMag went to the range to site it in and only gets it out to go hunting once a year with does not mean they can shoot. I have seen deer with Gut Shots, Jaws blown off, shattered limbs etc all from "hunters" that can't f'ing shoot.... Sorry for my little rant I just see and know to many "hunters" that think just because their rifle is a powerful one that it means they can shoot the deer anywhere and kill them.

On a side note when funds allow I would like to get a 7.62 or .30 cal suppressor, to use on .30-06,.308,7.62 etc.

Back
Top Bottom