What should we do with the listings for sold/traded items?

What should be done with listings for items that are sold?

• Create a forum for sold items and move them there.

Votes: 15 23.1%
  • Just delete them!

Votes: 41 63.1%
  • Leave it like it is now.

Votes: 6 9.2%
  • Tacos!

Votes: 3 4.6%

• Total voters
Mark sold, then they delete after 30 days. or just delete them. Heck if they would just get marked SOLD / TRADED and then CLOSE THE THREAD that would improve things 50%. Half of the ones sold or traded still have open threads....

I just created a sold forum, we'll try it out for a little while and see how it goes. We'll just move all listings that are over to the sold forum and then after 30 days they will drop off.

delete all sold and for sale items say , past 60 days ...

also getting tired of people linking a brand new thead to their old thread it wont say anythign except have a link to their old thread, which just clutters stuff up .....

Last edited:
How about a user named sold. When we come across all the old sold threads we can send a pm with the link in it. Then an admin can move them to sold until we get the boards cleaned up? This way whoever has to move the old ones only has to go to one place instead of having to go thru every thread. With all the time some of us spend on here I'll bet we can clean up the old ones in a couple days.

Nobody else move any threads, I'm still feeling it out. I'll mess around with it for the next couple of days and see what I can come up with.

I personally like having stuff for reference but I also understand the desire to have stuff deleted after it has sold, so how about this-

If you sell your item and don't mind leaving it up for reference, just mark it sold with the prefix system or in the title

If you want your item removed at any point, just change the title to delete, please remove, gone, or something like that. If you change the title to delete it makes it a lot easier for mods to know which threads to remove.

As I've said before I would like to get a dedicated system at some point but for now I will just keep trying to tweak this system to make as good as I can.

Back
Top Bottom