• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What is up with folks paying a gunsmith to clean their guns?!

People now pay other people to bring trash food from Taco Bell and Burger King to them so their lazy asses don’t have to move off the couch. I guess paying someone to clean your gun is the next step in the evolution of this “can’t do nuthin’” society.
Hmmm, from pictures and from handling firearms from the good folks on this site over the years led me to believe years ago 'That most people do-not clean their firearms' ......

Hmmm, from pictures and from handling firearms from the good folks on this site over the years led me to believe years ago 'That most people do-not clean their firearms' ......
Yea, my Dad doesn't clean his. He knew someone that would oil it up and shoot it to clean it. I cringe just thinking about it

I quit doing it a long time ago. If you charge what your time is worth everyone thinks you're a crook. If you charge what the customer thinks it's worth you'll go broke. Plus I figured out pretty quick a lot of the time when they want a gun "professionally cleaned" it's because something is wrong with it that they don't want to disclose and are hoping you can just clean it for $10 and it'll work again.

Having said that I clean guns for good customers and friends all the time, but when the phone rings and it's someone I've never dealt with just wanting some guns cleaned I decline.

I quit doing it a long time ago. If you charge what your time is worth everyone thinks you're a crook. If you charge what the customer thinks it's worth you'll go broke. Plus I figured out pretty quick a lot of the time when they want a gun "professionally cleaned" it's because something is wrong with it that they don't want to disclose and are hoping you can just clean it for $10 and it'll work again.

Having said that I clean guns for good customers and friends all the time, but when the phone rings and it's someone I've never dealt with just wanting some guns cleaned I decline.
That or something more nefarious and they bring you a broken firearm and later blame your cleaning for it being broken.

Back
Top Bottom