• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the best hunting Crossbow for the money??

I can't say enough good things about excaliburs.

If it's any correlation I gave my ten point to a friend after scoring an Excalibur in a trade .

My
Buddy loves the ten point but my Excalibur is lighter, easier to cock, easier to replace a string in seconds without shop support, a bit wider but devastatingly accurate.

He quit shooting at my target with me because I kept splitting his bolts.

I can't say enough good things about excaliburs.

If it's any correlation I gave my ten point to a friend after scoring an Excalibur in a trade .

My
Buddy loves the ten point but my Excalibur is lighter, easier to cock, easier to replace a string in seconds without shop support, a bit wider but devastatingly accurate.

He quit shooting at my target with me because I kept splitting his bolts.
^^^^^^ THIS all day long! ^^^^^^

WoW! Thank you.

If I were you I would try a few out and see what you can cock and carry better.
With your surgery you may need a crank cocking bow in which case the ten point would serve you well although very heavy and too complicated for me.
If you can pull the Excalibur cocking rope without much pain I would definitely go that route.

I dropped
Mine upside down on the scope once from 25-30 ft from a tree and there was no damage whatsoever and the scope was still dead on.
The Excalibur varizone scope set up is all the scope you need.
You're welcome to try mine if you ever get out to Dahlonega.
I could also get my buddy to lend me the ten point as well for comparison.
The ten point is deadly accurate too and fast but too damn heavy and complicated.
The Excalibur is so simple it's like riding a bike.

Last edited:
If I were you I would try a few out and see what you can cock and carry better.
With your surgery you may need a crank cocking bow in which case the ten point would serve you well although very heavy and too complicated for me.
If you can pull the Excalibur cocking rope without much pain I would definitely go that route.

I dropped
Mine upside down on the scope once from 25-30 ft from a tree and there was no damage whatsoever and the scope was still dead on.
The Excalibur varizone scope set up is all the scope you need.
You're welcome to try mine if you ever get out to Dahlonega.
I could also get my buddy to lend me the ten point as well for comparison.
The ten point is deadly accurate too and fast but too damn heavy and complicated.
The Excalibur is so simple it's like riding a bike.
They have a crank cocker for the Excalibur as well. http://www.amazon.com/Excalibur-C2-Crank-Cocking-Aid/dp/B003C6O2V2

I have used my Excalibur for 7-8 years and it has 40+ deer to its name. It is one of the older Exocet's and it flat out awesome. I have put that puppy through it and it still works like a charm every year. I have almost bought a new one that shoots faster a few times and then I think to myself, why? It lays them down as good as any.

I have used my Excalibur for 7-8 years and it has 40+ deer to its name. It is one of the older Exocet's and it flat out awesome. I have put that puppy through it and it still works like a charm every year. I have almost bought a new one that shoots faster a few times and then I think to myself, why? It lays them down as good as any.

I've got the same One with the mag tips instead of the carved tips.
I still want a newer and faster one just because I love to have spare weapons just in case I need one in a pinch or need to loan one to a buddy for a hunt but I agree, if it does it's job well why get a new one?
I still would
Like to compare
Mine with a newer, faster, quieter one just to see just how much more bad ass they've become.
I thought I had the money for one last week but a job fell through that would have earned me the extra dough for one.

I've got the same One with the mag tips instead of the carved tips.
I still want a newer and faster one just because I love to have spare weapons just in case I need one in a pinch or need to loan one to a buddy for a hunt but I agree, if it does it's job well why get a new one?
I still would
Like to compare
Mine with a newer, faster, quieter one just to see just how much more bad ass they've become.
I thought I had the money for one last week but a job fell through that would have earned me the extra dough for one.
Yep same one if your's is the old brown one, I took some camo tape and wrapped the stock and scope. The only thing I have figured is if I get a faster one I'll just loose more arrows quicker. I get pass throughs and loose half of them as it is.

Have you seen the fire bolts on amazon with the luminoks?
I'm thinking of getting a half dozen of them because I bury bolts like mad too.
Pass through are a given with excaliburs.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom