• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What is the best hunting Crossbow for the money??

Ten Point I have been using one for five years. The other mfg's just wish they made a crossbow as good as Ten Point. And, if you run into a used Horton, don't buy it. Horton went out of business in 2012 and the remaining inventory and parts were purchased by Ten Point.

I wholeheartedly agree. I too have a TenPoint and have taken deer with it for the past four seasons. TenPoint is, IMHO, the top shelf brand in the crossbow industry.

Unfortunately I tore my Labrum and bicep/tricep tendon's in my right shoulder and can no longer shoot my Mathews :-(
I had shoulder surgery on my right shoulder 7 years ago and the right one is GONE now. Having surgery after our daughters wedding in January. I mainly bow hunt and believe that those days are gone now and wanting to buy the best Crossbow that is the bang for the buck?? Any suggestions? I looked at one review and they mention these Crossbows: Barnett Jackal, Barnett Ghost 410, Axiom SMF, Barnett Buck Commander, Barnett "The Brotherhood" and Ten Point Venom. There is a HUGE price difference between the Ten Point and all the others? What's the deal? The Barnett "Brotherhood" shoots 350 fps with a 160 draw weight. Online they are $368 with free shipping. I honestly know nothing about these and have shot Mathews Compounds for almost 20 years and LOVE them. I really do not care about "name or the status quo" at all. I just want quality at a fair price? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. God Bless and thank you in advance.

I'm in the market for a crossbow as well and looking at some of the ones you mentioned. What did you end up with?

I've had my Ten Point since 2006, I forget which model but it was their top of the line that year. Got the crank cocker with it and it's built in, I'll be able to shoot this thing as long as I can see the target. It'll put bolts in the same hole at 20 yds and shoot sub 1" groups at 30 plus it's fast as hell. By the way, ALWAYS keep your thumb UNDER the rail the string travels on. It will damn near tear a thumb or finger off. Don't ask how I know this. Lol

Back
Top Bottom