• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

What if...

I suppose after 25 years in s/w development, I don't. When it comes to OS, instability is fine if your playing in the geek market, for real commercial acceptance, given there are two very adequate competitors dominating the market, I don't believe it's acceptable.

Open source cuts both ways, like it or not.
I suppose then that Microsoft Windows is playing in the geek market. :lol: It's so broken, MS must even release out-of-band updates to fix their own software fixes. But then you understand that's how software is -- all of it is buggy and needs fixing. Some is just more so.

I suppose then that Microsoft Windows is playing in the geek market. :lol: It's so broken, MS must even release out-of-band updates to fix their own software fixes. But then you understand that's how software is -- all of it is buggy and needs fixing. Some is just more so.

I agree, nearly all major software has bugs, some OS more than other. Much as I dislike MS it's generally stable, even given the archaic architecture.

The reality i that to penetrate the OS market is very tough, especially when there's widespread 3rd party support for the platform. Look at MS Windows Phone.

There was a third smart phone option? Lets say for example a company like Yahoo decided they wanted to go up against Android and Apple/IOS.? I know Yahoo is a libtard company too, but what if they realized that millions of us are sick of it from the other two formats? Yahoo used to be huge. And I would get in line to buy a phone that wasn't attached to the silicon valley douchebags and their agenda.
Yahoo is a wholly owned company of Verizon Media , just saying

I've tried jailbreaking an iPhone, and I've installed more than one custom ROM (operating system) on various Android phones to completely remove Google's influence from it. Those aren't the best solutions though -- just fun experiments. And admittedly, the Librem phone is a niche product which appeals to a specific type of person who is tired of being the product, selling their data away for nothing. Purism is not trying to destroy Google or Apple's market share... just give those who are interested a viable third option. Maybe this video can help explain more.

Yeah what you said. But seriously I would love that option. I'm just afraid it would wind up like Betamax, HDDVD, Keymod, Laser disc etc.

Back
Top Bottom