• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What hearing protection do you use when hunting?

Shaking my head at some of the comments here. OP, PLEASE get something and something designed to protect your hearing.
Hearing damage isn't like a broken bone. "Did I break it? No, I'm good." It's CUMMULATIVE. Like wear on your tires. You can't 'undo' any damage and it never 'heals'. Today is the best hearing you will ever have in your life. Tomorrow will be worse. Every noise you hear above certain db levels is added to the damage previous to degrade your hearing. Because it's gradual most don't notice until it's too late and a major PITA.
For hunting I wear a pair of Pro Ears Predator Gold in camo. There are two types of electronic hearing protection (generally speaking). Those that mute everything and those that mute the sound above a certain level, yet allow other sounds to come through like normal conversation volume at the range for example. The Pro Ears do the latter. They're not cheap, but I'd pay several multiples of them to no longer have any loss or tinnitus.
I've never used IN ear for hunting though I'm sure they are more convenient. Plus the muffs add some comfort on extra cold windy days.
Get something! God I wish the ringing would stop..... :frusty: "If I only knew then what I know now......"

EE74E283-4C4E-4DD7-AAF2-95562B54E104.jpeg

Here’s my hearing protection. Otherwise, I wear foam plugs.

Back
Top Bottom