• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What hearing protection do you use when hunting?

I am currently shooting more than one deer a year among other critters. I feel it's about time to invest in some hearing protection that I can use during hunting that won't make me deaf to everything around me at the same time.

I am inquiring on what you have used that has worked, as well what sounded better than it actually turned out to do.

Cigarette butts in each ear work well:) Ask me how I know.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i just yell real loud when i pull the trigger. i have found that if i send a strong sound wave forward,it counter acts the wave from the muzzle coming towards me.
a fart works as well.but you have to spin around real quick,it works,but if timed wrong....you can launch yourself out of the stand...

Been using Walker Razor Slim electronic muffs the past couple years. Once I see a deer I can slip them down over my ears and turn on the electronic amplification. Works like a charm. These can be found on sale for $30.

I just put in my earbuds that I use to listen to music. Probably not a great idea for a full day at the range but if I'm in the tree stand or about to shoot a few rounds in the back yard they keep my ears from ringing.

Back
Top Bottom