• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you reloaded today?

I’ve been processing a lot of older brass and noticed that Lake City (LC) head stamp .308 brass has more swelling at the base compared to Nosler, WWC or others. Is this because it might have been shot through military weapons (M-60) that may have looser chamber diameters allowing the swelling? Anyone else noticed this? palmettomoon palmettomoon
95% of standard milsurp non specialized ball .308 will be fired through a machine gun and they have "generous" chambers. Usually have to give a little extra tug on the press handle to full length size.

95% of standard milsurp non specialized ball .308 will be fired through a machine gun and they have "generous" chambers. Usually have to give a little extra tug on the press handle to full length size.
That’s what I was guessing. Thanks for the clarification. Definitely have to use a little muscle and extra lube……..that doesn’t sound right does it.…..😆

That’s what I was guessing. Thanks for the clarification. Definitely have to use a little muscle and extra lube……..that doesn’t sound right does it.…..😆

When you were processing the brass, had it been decapped already? If it was military brass, the naive me would wonder if there are signs that the primers had been crimped, so you might want to check for that too and ream those pockets.

Testing some .380 ACP loads today, loaded this a.m.

I can't seem to break 875 fps with a 100 grain Berrys and Win 231. I'm about to try 3.5 grains to see if I can get 900 fps.
PM If you love .380 like I do....I load 100grain ball with Titegroup. I bought one of the new Glock 28's that was released this year. I upgraded the trigger and internals changed the front sight to a fiber optic red and let me tell you it is the best shooting glock that I own.........It is mt EDC. The magshack just acquired the new promag 15 round mags for it. I ran them through the range today....They were awesome. Look at the G28 It is so worth it!!

Merry Christmas....

Steve D.

When you were processing the brass, had it been decapped already? If it was military brass, the naive me would wonder if there are signs that the primers had been crimped, so you might want to check for that too and ream those pockets.
Some were decapped and some weren’t but none had crimped primer pockets and all were boxer primers.

Is anyone looking for a used Lee Pro 1000 press set up for 45 acp. It's the older model, but runs good. I have eliminated 45 from my sets.
I will also post this in the classified.

Been working on a load for my 7mm STW. H1000, Burger 168's loaded long seems to be where it's at. OAL makes more of a difference in this cartridge than any other that I've loaded.

838509E8-FF43-4BFF-9CE1-F5049975FC17.jpeg
My first time loading ammo 20 rounds 45lc 250g xtp 6.8 grains of hp-38, once fired Starline brass, cci large pistol primers. Over all length varied a few thousands under 1.593 and total case weight varied .5 to 1 grain. Being my first time I measured each power charge on a RCBS 105 balance beam scale all were dead on 6.8 grains, I don’t know how weight varied or if 1 grain is normal. 🤷‍♂️

When I look at reloading data at hodgdonreloading.com, I see this for the 250gr XTP with that powder. If you targeted 6.8gr of powder and nailed it within a few decimals of that, you're starting at a bit above recommended starting load.

I hesitate to say "you're probably good to go" - because it's not our job to say that!

1702738562111.png

But welcome to the reloading addiction.

Back
Top Bottom