• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What have you reloaded today?

So, last night, loaded 50 rounds of 308 (150gr 'cheap' Spitzers over Varget), and took 'em to the range today for testing along with the 30-06 I posted a picture of on Dec 2nd.

I'm shooting the 30-06 from a Garand with irons, so the limitation on grouping was always going to be my eyesight. Managed to shoot a couple of 3in groups at 100 yards with the chrono averaging 2410fps +/- 35fps

Shot the 308 from a Ruger Gunsite Scout with a 1 - 4x scope on it, getting groups with all holes touching at 100 yards (was so excited, I didn't actually finish zeroing the scope) clocking in at 2640fps +/- 30fps (I have to admit, I used matched headstamp brass for this) - but overall, nothing to complain about at all.

12Ga Target Loads W/Titegroup!!! and #9 shot - off to break all 25!!

2023-11-25 11.20.34.jpg

I’ve been processing a lot of older brass and noticed that Lake City (LC) head stamp .308 brass has more swelling at the base compared to Nosler, WWC or others. Is this because it might have been shot through military weapons (M-60) that may have looser chamber diameters allowing the swelling? Anyone else noticed this? palmettomoon palmettomoon

Some of you may remember I was having some fun with sizing 308 brass about 2 months ago - most of the cases with the worst problems were LC headstamps, although it wasn't restricted to just those.
Thanks. Glad I’m not the only one. Others have been tight but LC seems to be the worse.

Back
Top Bottom