What car should I get?

I currently drive a 6 speed 370z. I'm sick of driving stick in atl traffic and I need more room.

I have no idea what I want...I like trucks but don't need a bed. I've thought about a wrangler but I'm afraid it would get old quick. I've even thought about just getting a camry or something cheap that also gets good mileage
I had the same issue with a manual and a downtown commute so sold it and bought an inexpensive new automatic high MPG sedan (Elantra) for just commuting. Turns out it's more than comfortable and roomy enough for long trips but that was just a bonus. Other vehicles are an Avalanche and Highlander. I just don't know how anyone can not have a truck. For me anyway, it was one of those, "you don't know how much you need it until you have it".

It's tough to make a suggestion without knowing all of your requirements, but I'd definitely suggest getting a car that you could buy without payments. I'm a lover of old Volvo Wagons. Tons of space and utility, extraordinarily cheap to insure, and maintain. Not great on gas, and ugly as **** though....in a good way.

If you're a bit mechanically inclined, an older used car might be a good bet.

Don't fall into the trap of feeling like the car needs to be an extension of you. Get what's appropriate, unless you're looking for a fun car..which it sounds like you are not.

OMG, I'm buying a lottery ticket... I agree with Laufen.

You need to establish requirements first and then find a vehicle that meets those requirements, if not you'll end up with another car that meets someone else's requirements. I research a lot of cars on Edmunds and Consumer Reports. I look at the cost of maintenance, total cost of ownership, overall safety and reliability.

I've owned tons of GM cars, two Camaros ('86 & '95), two Impalas ('68 & '69), an S-10 SS ('99), Corsica ('89), GMC Jimmy ('89), GMC 1500 short bed ('95) and an Oldsmobile Century ('95) - my dad worked for GM for 30+ years so I got a lot of discounts and incentives to buy GM and a couple Jeep Wranglers (TJ & YJ). - I loved my Jeeps, but the gas milage sucked, one was a 4cyl and it had zero power, plus you'd definitely want a manual transmission for a Jeep and the ride is not the most comfortable, although they are fun.

I've also owned a good deal of imports: Isuzu Trooper ('01), 2 Nissan Altima SE-R's ('06), Maxima ('95), and a Saab 9.5t ('01).

Currently I have a Nissan Frontier 4DR truck ('12) and a Lexus CT200H ('13). I love the truck, but gas milage is a bummer, only about 18mpg. However it gives me the best of both worlds...a truck and SUV roominess with a 4dr cabin. My wife on the other hand makes up for my gas guzzling with her Lexus as she's averaged some weeks over 50mpg. She absolutely loves her Lexus ct200h Hybrid - plus it was ranked one of the most reliable cars by Consumer Reports.

Speaking of Consumer Reports... I looked it up and according to Consumer Reports, the four least reliable brands are: Dodge, Ram, Jeep, and Fiat (all owned by Chrysler).

Consumer Reports says the new Fiat 500L is ranked the least reliable car out of the 248 that were rated and the most reliable SUVs are: the Mitsubishi Outlander Sport, the Subaru Forester, the Toyota Highlander, and the Lexus RX.

I say all that to say... I'd seriously consider staying the Japanese route for reliability and cost of ownership.

Hope that helps.

get a truck.....you'll find plenty of uses for the bed.

i have a '13 silverado crew cab with 6.2L engine. plenty of power (but gas mileage isn't great...but only about 2 mpg lower than my g35 was getting), lots of room (we can fit all 5 of us more comfortably than in the wife's trailblazer SUV) and i can haul stuff when i need to.

the down side of going from the 370 to a lot of vehicles will be sacrificing the creature comforts you've gotten used to. i ended up buying a fully loaded truck with nav, sunroof, heated and cooled leather, etc because i had gotten used to most of those features on the infiniti.

i am not in atlanta anymore, but in the traffic we have here, i have found that people are much more likely to let you change lanes in a big ass red truck than they were in the g35....it's nice being the bigger guy in those situations

I currently drive a 6 speed 370z. I'm sick of driving stick in atl traffic and I need more room.

I have no idea what I want...I like trucks but don't need a bed. I've thought about a wrangler but I'm afraid it would get old quick. I've even thought about just getting a camry or something cheap that also gets good mileage

I'm digging my wrangler. Can't get me pretty much anywhere I want. Can clean up nice if needed, drop the top when sunny, and its an auto-power everything so my hardcore jeep buddies give me hell, but I can most places they can and still cruise down the HWY with the CD player running and cruise control on. :)

I've just heard they leak...even with a hard top, and my buddy that has a 2013 is always having issues with it. But I'm not sure as i have no first hand experience with one
Sometimes they can leak, if you dont install the tops correctly. Ive had mine leak twice but it wasnt bad, far less than leaving your windows open. I just reset the top if it does. I dont blame the jeep its my incorrect installation.

The jeep has more interior room than the fj and 4 full doors. It was important to me since i have kids. Also i didnt like the visibility the fj had, very closed in. Fj's do have great resale but so do jeeps.

The 3.8l jeeps kinda suck but the 2012+ pentastar 3.6 jeeps got a major improvement.

Could say f it and get a 800hp chevy 2500

Back
Top Bottom