What are your man cave top 5 movies?

Once upon a time in the west
Rollerball (the original of course)
The Great Escape
The Magnificent Seven
The Warriors

And for a little levity - Big Trouble in Little China.

Legends of the Fall
Last of the Mohicans
Tombstone
Open Range
The Mission
Me and my wife watched the movie This is Where I Leave You, she said she didn't like it because she says adultery in movies disturb her. By the way, Legend of the Falls is her favorite movie. How'd she miss that part? I guess it's ok since it's Brad Pitt. Lol!

Ok...Ok... My list... and most of you will have to get them off Amazon, b/c they are so rare, and not Hollywood films... And, in no real order....

1. 84 Charlie mopic... early 1990's film, Vietnam LRRP team
2. A Bridge too Far... Great all star cast, from 1977... Read the book, its better, and from the the German side of the battle, read " It never snow's in September"
3. Stalingrad... early 1990's movie, made in Germany. If you think it sucks to be a American 11B...
4. The Winter War ( Talvisota) also a 1990's movie... get the 4 hour 2 DVD version if you want to see the entire suckfest, of being a Finn, fighting the Russians...
5. Das Boot.... Get the 4 hour version. I think it came out in the mid/late 1980's... German version of getting depth charged suckfest.
6. The Star... One of the better Soviet Films about WWII, about a Russian LRRP team deep in German lines in WWII...
7. 9th Company... Its about a Russian Airborne/ spetsnaz unit in Afghanistan... They get rolled up...
8. Conspiracy... Early 2000's film from HBO, This is based on the actual minuets, that was dicussed in the " Final Solution" meeting.
9. Black hawk Down... If you havent seen this, your man card is revoked... I Drank beers with 2 guys who were there in Dec. 1993 in my basement after they got back....
10. Ironclad... Great movie, if you like people hacking each other apart... Better than " Braveheart" IMHO...

Ok...Ok... My list... and most of you will have to get them off Amazon, b/c they are so rare, and not Hollywood films... And, in no real order....

1. 84 Charlie mopic... early 1990's film, Vietnam LRRP team
2. A Bridge too Far... Great all star cast, from 1977... Read the book, its better, and from the the German side of the battle, read " It never snow's in September"
3. Stalingrad... early 1990's movie, made in Germany. If you think it sucks to be a American 11B...
4. The Winter War ( Talvisota) also a 1990's movie... get the 4 hour 2 DVD version if you want to see the entire suckfest, of being a Finn, fighting the Russians...
5. Das Boot.... Get the 4 hour version. I think it came out in the mid/late 1980's... German version of getting depth charged suckfest.
6. The Star... One of the better Soviet Films about WWII, about a Russian LRRP team deep in German lines in WWII...
7. 9th Company... Its about a Russian Airborne/ spetsnaz unit in Afghanistan... They get rolled up...
8. Conspiracy... Early 2000's film from HBO, This is based on the actual minuets, that was dicussed in the " Final Solution" meeting.
9. Black hawk Down... If you havent seen this, your man card is revoked... I Drank beers with 2 guys who were there in Dec. 1993 in my basement after they got back....
10. Ironclad... Great movie, if you like people hacking each other apart... Better than " Braveheart" IMHO...
Nice list! With the exception of number 9, I'd not heard of any of these. I'll have to look into these. Thanks!

Lots of great movies mentioned. Many are on my Top 20 list.

Honestly, there are so many I love, it's hard to pick. Here are five I recommend for "Man Card" status:

Breaker Morant
Kelly's Heroes
Glengarry Glen Ross
The Usual Suspects
The Hunt For Red October

Back
Top Bottom