What about your pets?

I have taken both of my dogs into consideration. I have reserves for them as well.
I consider the dogs part of my SHTF preparations. With dogs barking you do have the
possibility that they could communicate location, but I think the value of an all-the-time
guard far outweighs the risk. Cats on the other hand are not even in the plan! They have
no value in my opinion.
Chinese for the cats.

^^This! :heh:

Without a doubt, mine would go with me.
In fact, I'd share my last meal with him.
yea, I was just kidding when I said eat him. He would serve me well by being observant and none trusting of others. I couldn't eat my dog, I'd just figure out a way for him to actually catch the squirrels instead of just chasing them.

ONLY if it meant starvation, would I even consider the dogs.
I just couldn't do it.
The cows behind the house - burgers.
The neighbor's turkeys - sandwiches.
The other neighbor's goats -roast.

After that not sure what I could do.

well, if the shtf, garbage trucks aren't going to be coming around, so they will probably have many bags of trash to sift through and eat out of. my cat.....hell she's a cat. i'd put her out and she can go hunt. hopefully she will bring back the squirrels and leave them at the doorstep like usual. if she's hungry, she might not.

Wow...Hadn't really thought to much on this.....

To be honest my Brittany would for sure go with me, no matter what. But if society truly got to the point where we had to leave home for fear of our lives. I hate to say it but I would probably shoot my lab/wolf before I left, She is young (like 4) but has been hit at least 3 times before we got her according to the vet, and she has to work to get up standing and sometimes yelps cause it hurts her getting up. And she would not be able to fend for herself, so I hate to say it but if it came to it I would probably put her down before I left.

Man that would really be a depressing beginning to an already horrible situation.

:(

I'd probably shoot mine as to spare them, and my family and I, the heart ache of the horrors to come. This is just one BIG reason I'm trying so hard to get a good Glock. Even if nothing bad happens in 2012 the people that smirk now are going to ACT like something terrible will happen. All the have-nots will be looking to TAKE what you have because they didn't plan, prepare and build a network. Unfortunately, the pets will be the ones that get eaten first by strangers, not their families.

Back
Top Bottom