• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

what a cb dummy I am

Ha! I haven't been on in over 30 years. Still have a Cobra base station sitting in my man room along with a Palomar Amp. I was a young kid when I was on (a LOT) and went by "Courageous Crawfish" :laugh: then just CC. As an older teen I got into SSB and trying to collect QSL cards from around the world. I was "Unit 893, from south central Louisiana, south central USA, calling CQ, CQDX!" ;) I probably have that book with those cards in it somewhere....
Whew... flashback!

I have a Washington CB Radio 40+channels AM / SSB BASE /MOBILE and used to go by "EC" on the CB.
WOW Reading "listening to" your story brought back memories on SSB Upper/Lower CQ-CQ-CQDX lol
I have a few of the cards myself.

Mine is a Cobra 142 GTL.
I wanted an Astatic D104 mic SO bad. Bought one and it woudl just not work with that rig for some reason. I was crushed.
I wound up with a Turner Expander 500. More gizmos but just not the nostalgic cool of a D104.
Yep, got my geek on flashback going for sure! :nerd: :laugh:

Mine is a Cobra 142 GTL.
I wanted an Astatic D104 mic SO bad. Bought one and it woudl just not work with that rig for some reason. I was crushed.
I wound up with a Turner Expander 500. More gizmos but just not the nostalgic cool of a D104.
Yep, got my geek on flashback going for sure! :nerd: :laugh:
nothing wrong with that setup

My first "CB" was a 3 channel Realistic walkie talkie. You had to physically change the crystals if you wanted different channels. It think it came with channel 9 only. I hooked it up to an external house mounted antennae. I STILL have it as well. Perfect working order and great cosmetic shape. Wow... I keep WAY too much stuff. :laugh:

Back
Top Bottom