• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

what a cb dummy I am

Oh just great... its a low drive amp I can only assume. I'm going to have it looked at this weekend the amp anyways. Just called the shop and they say I probably burnt up the finals but have it looked at

Oh just great... its a low drive amp I can only assume. I'm going to have it looked at this weekend the amp anyways. Just called the shop and they say I probably burnt up the finals but have it looked at
I wasn't saying that it IS a low drive. I was just saying that you need to read up online and see. I don't know whether it is or not.

If it IS a low drive though, I think your radio is supposed to be set up for a 1 or 2 watt dead key, and not supposed to be swinging over 10 watts or so.

I wasn't saying that it IS a low drive. I was just saying that you need to read up online and see. I don't know whether it is or not.

If it IS a low drive though, I think your radio is supposed to be set up for a 1 or 2 watt dead key, and not supposed to be swinging over 10 watts or so.
Oh ok, yeah I'm going to do some studying and research. Thanks guys for your help.

While we are on the subject.....

What handle do you guys go by on the radio?

I haven't been on in several years, but I used to go by "no-name".

Is there any activity on the CB these days?

I might look into getting a radio and getting back on.

While we are on the subject.....

What handle do you guys go by on the radio?

I haven't been on in several years, but I used to go by "no-name".

Is there any activity on the CB these days?

I might look into getting a radio and getting back on.

I was wondering the same thing. I just watched a few videos on YT of people testing their rigs. It sounds like everybody has a linear now.

I used to go by the handle "Big Bad Wolf". My first time, I was operating on my cousin's base and someone asked me what my handle was... there was a book laying on the table, yup, just blurted out the first thing I saw.

Ha! I haven't been on in over 30 years. Still have a Cobra base station sitting in my man room along with a Palomar Amp. I was a young kid when I was on (a LOT) and went by "Courageous Crawfish" :laugh: then just CC. As an older teen I got into SSB and trying to collect QSL cards from around the world. I was "Unit 893, from south central Louisiana, south central USA, calling CQ, CQDX!" ;) I probably have that book with those cards in it somewhere....
Whew... flashback!

Back
Top Bottom