• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What .224 bullet to buy for HD?

True, but for a HD situation, popping off 2 or 3 times might not be best. Especially for hearing. I think a heavier HP would offer more of a "one and done" with the added benefit of not blowing through so many barriers. But what do I know? I keep a 10mm and an extra set of Walker razors in my nightstand :)

True, but for a HD situation, popping off 2 or 3 times might not be best. Especially for hearing. I think a heavier HP would offer more of a "one and done" with the added benefit of not blowing through so many barriers. But what do I know? I keep a 10mm and an extra set of Walker razors in my nightstand :)
I imagine in a HD situation, you'd be shooting multiple shots anyway. Once adrenaline starts pumping, all precision shooting goes out the window.

Sent from my SM-G781U1 using Tapatalk

77 SMK is what I have for personal use. I reload to 5.56 pressures using RamShot TAC powder. Should be good for anything short or longer range. 1:7 twist in my rifle so no issues there and shoots pretty well.

if you are buying loads, hard to go wrong with any of the Hornday self defense/TAP stuff.

FYI if you happen to be near Sedalia MO, you can stop by the plant and buy cosmetic seconds by the pound of almost all of their bullets. They will not sell by phone or internet, you have to go in person but it's pretty cool. 55 gallon drum of 77gr SMK and 175gr SMK for my 308. Should have bought more last time I was thru there but I was like a kid in a candy shop looking at the odd stuff I shoot (hornet and bee bullets by the pound!). Plus Starline is around the corner for your brass needs. :)

Bump on In Stock pills @ Grafs
HORNADY 75gr BTHP BULLET w/CANNELURE 250/BX
$45.99/250 + Tax + $9.95 Shipping = 20.7¢ ea. when buying 1k.

They currently have 25 boxes (6,250) They'll probably go pretty quick. $50/1k Cheaper than MidwayUSA and I haven't seen them anywhere else for a week or so. I found 1k Sierra 77gr for $255 shipped (with coupon) from RedRiver Reloading! Out of stock now :)

I talked to 2 FFL's I've done business with, and both told me what 77gr SMK's that are out there might be the last ones for a while..

But here is a great shot at the
Hornady 2279 75gr BTHP's again.

17.7¢ ea. when buying 1k or more. Started this afternoon at 8,400.. Down to 4,500. Honestly one of the best deals you're going to find on these for a long long while.

I've sold myself on the idea of using the 35gr hornady NTX rounds. I dont like the thought of a bullet going through a wall, so the "explosive fragmentation" mentioned in the marketing seems like safe bet.

Maybe I'm stupid though. Everyone else seems to favor heavier pills

Back
Top Bottom