• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

What’s the heaviest load?

bilgerat

Default rank <3000 posts Supporter
ODT Junkie!
54   0
Reaction score
You’ve ever hauled in a 1500 pick-up? Here’s my 04 Chevy with 2000lbs of corn and 80 lbs of rapid raxx deer feed in the back .
F667FAEA-E32A-42DA-A692-3CD3725ECBD5.jpeg

I squished mine down on the bump stops more times than I could count. I swapped up to E rated tires just for the carrying capacity. I crossed the scales at the scrapyard grossing 18k once, pulling a trailer with 1.5 old busted forklifts on it.

You’ve ever hauled in a 1500 pick-up? Here’s my 04 Chevy with 2000lbs of corn and 80 lbs of rapid raxx deer feet in the back . View attachment 6013434
Loaded up with 2800# of scrap one time.
I really liked that truck and would not do it again, surprised the hell out of me when I saw the weight ticket. Check was nice though.

Came home from work one afternoon and the wife informed me I need to get the brakes checked on my F350 DRW 8Ft bed/7.3 diesel.
She said the truck drives fine but the brakes took too long to stop when she was bringing home some sand for one of her projects.
I asked how much sand she put in the bed. She said the guy only wanted to load it half full and she complained until he filled it up. The tires were not touching the fenders, but the springs were almost straight.
Just a guess but it probably had around 2 cubic yards of sand in the bed :shocked:
I asked her if she knew it was over 5,000 lbs and her response was
"if it fits in the bed it needs to be able to haul it". :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom