• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Went to the honey hole today and caught these, what are they ?

These are called chain pickeral, a member of the pike family, we catch them in S. Ga. in streams eat really good sweet meat, but pretty boney!!

Jack fish, they eat good but are boney like shad, I think the proper name is chain pickeral or some thing like that. There is a smaller version called red fin pike that lives in the smallest of branches and creeks, the best bait for either is a red #2 rooster tail or a broke back rebel silver in color. Them's fishing secrets right their son!

I usually go redfining the last part of summer, they seem to be more agressive the lower the creeks get, dang good eatin to

went to my favorite honey hole today caught some bass and a whole bunch of these , we have never caught any of these before. kinda look like some kind of pike or gar but the nose is too short for gar and pike is unusual around NE GA or atleast i thought, and yes they have teeth , and yes i had a hell of a grip on it , those mofo were stout
i51.tinypic.com_23kburp.jpg
i54.tinypic.com_2po1cax.jpg
i55.tinypic.com_e7xweg.jpg
In ga these are actually chain pickerel, or also known as jack fish. They are in the pike family but just smaller. Will get to about 5 lbs at the biggest.

Back
Top Bottom