• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WELL THAT WASN'T ANY FUN (UPDATE)

Thats horrible. Had a 200 Black Max on my Ranger back in the 90's had the oiler thing disconnected mixed my own.When I sold it I told the guy all the rules,he grenade d it in 2 weeks running too lean
I've heard about folks unhooking the oiler and just usin mix but I figured with this new of a setup I wouldn't need to worry about that. I'm just going to have to wait & see what Mercury says about the whole thing.

I hope you get it all sorted out under warranty. The two best days with a boat should NOT apply to a brand new one! :thumb:
... the two best days with a boat... the day you got it and the day you got rid of it. :( :)

So, how did the dealer respond? New motor, I hope?
I took it to the dealer where I bought it new this past Tuesday. They called me yesterday and said they are still trying to determine what caused the engine to explode and running tests. Said they had contacted Mercury and are waiting to hear back from them. The guy asked me did any kind of alarm go off before it happened and I said there was no warnings or sounds or anything, running fine one second and exploded the next. He said he felt like Mercury would replace the power head under warranty but not the entire thing.
I told him I wasn't going to put up with a lot of bull**** about it because it wasn't anything on my part that caused it.
So......waiting on them to see whats next.

I took it to the dealer where I bought it new this past Tuesday. They called me yesterday and said they are still trying to determine what caused the engine to explode and running tests. Said they had contacted Mercury and are waiting to hear back from them. The guy asked me did any kind of alarm go off before it happened and I said there was no warnings or sounds or anything, running fine one second and exploded the next. He said he felt like Mercury would replace the power head under warranty but not the entire thing.
I told him I wasn't going to put up with a lot of bull**** about it because it wasn't anything on my part that caused it.
So......waiting on them to see whats next.
Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I’d love to hear how this works out....haven’t had a good experience dealing with any marina on Lake Sinclair in 20 years. They all suck.

Sorry to hear about your bad luck.

I’d love to hear how this works out....haven’t had a good experience dealing with any marina on Lake Sinclair in 20 years. They all suck.
I'd love to know how this turns out too and I'll try to keep this post updated as I get news on it.
You're right about the marinas on Sinclair but I'm pretty sure that problem ain't exclusive to Sinclair, It's just about everywhere you go.

Back
Top Bottom