• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WELL THAT WASN'T ANY FUN (UPDATE)

Headed to Sinclair this morning with my grown daughter to do some crappie fishin.
Put in at Crooked creek ramp and went under the bridge, fished a little while with no luck but still a good day. Called a buddy that was at his parents lake house close to where we were. Went and shot the bull a little bit on his dock. Said our "see ya laters"
Took off and didn't go 1/2 mile and my engine made a loud squawk and a noise I can only say sounded like a shotgun goin off and it cut off.
I looked in the water thinking maybe I had hit something but I was in 16ft of water and nothing around. Tried to trim the motor up so I could look at the foot and prop but the trim wouldn't work either. Flagged down a young fella that was nice enough to tow me back to the ramp which wasn't but a mile or so away. Anyhow, long story longer, got loaded up on the trailer and manually tilted up the engine so I could get home.
Got home and looked at the bottom end good and spun the prop, all seemed fine.
I popped off the engine cover to take a look and WOW, total engine detonation, main bearings and everything hooked to them hanging out of the engine block, everything covered in oil.
This is a 2019 Tracker Pro Team 175 with a 4 stroke 75HP Mercury with only 25 hours on it.
I have no idea what could have happened unless the oil pump quit working or something.
Talking it Sinclair Marina where I bought it Tuesday to see what they're going to do about it.
Should be under warranty, just crazy that it happened.

Damn... I hope they stand behind it...

Back
Top Bottom