• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

WELL THAT WASN'T ANY FUN (UPDATE)

My Mercury was a 200 Black Max 2 stroke.The oiler went bad and the motor was replaced and I had the oiler disconnected and mixed my own oil.His is a 4 stroke and motors grenade when they dont get OIL 2 stroke or 4 stroke

Anybody who doesn`t know the difference between 2 and 4 stroke engines, and how they work, should not give advice on this thread. Only way to "disconnect" the oil on a 4 stroke is to remove the oil pump or drain the oil out. Next start-up the engine life may be 3 minutes max.

If they give you any crap, lawyer up and threaten to take it to social media. Mercury will not want the stink you could cause them. I hope you have photos.

Sounds like it didn’t have any, or very little oil in it...???
HAD PLENTY OF OIL IN IT, I CHECKED IT SATURDAY EVENING BEFORE WE WENT FISHING SUNDAY MORNING!!!

SOME OF YOU ACT LIKE OTHERS ON HERE ARE COMPLETE DUMBASSES.....I'M NOT ONE OF THEM THAT ACT LIKE THAT BUT THERE'S PLENTY ON THIS FORUM

HAD PLENTY OF OIL IN IT, I CHECKED IT SATURDAY EVENING BEFORE WE WENT FISHING SUNDAY MORNING!!!

SOME OF YOU ACT LIKE OTHERS ON HERE ARE COMPLETE DUMBASSES.....I'M NOT ONE OF THEM THAT ACT LIKE THAT BUT THERE'S PLENTY ON THIS FORUM

Mercury guy..” So you didn’t actually check the oil prior to start up, on Sunday morning”?

Mercury guy..” So you didn’t actually check the oil prior to start up, on Sunday morning”?
DO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE CHECK THE DAMN OIL IN YOUR CAR EVERY TIME YOU START TO GO SOMEWHERE IN IT..........DIDN'T THINK SO.
FULL OF OIL SATURDAY EVENING, NO PUDDLE OF OIL UNDER IT, STANDS TO REASON IT WOULD STILL BE FULL ON SUNDAY MORNING...........LIKE I SAID BEFORE.....GOOD ENOUGH??

Back
Top Bottom