Weapons Allowed at The ODT Meet on May 19th

Status
Not open for further replies.
FYI for everyone:

As far as I know, most all imported Russian ammo (Tula, Wolf, Bear, Surplus) has a bi-metal projectile, with a thin steel jacket and lead core. It is manufactured this way because copper is 'spensive.

Most ranges I have been to, even outdoor ranges that have steel targets, do not allow the use of any bi-metal projectiles. This includes any and all Russian imported ammo that would attract a magnet. I think its dumb, and have my doubts as to the real reasoning behind it, but the results are simple enough: I dont shoot there any more.

The ironic part is most places that ban Russian ammo have no problems with me shooting M855 penetrator ammo at their range. This ammo has a way higher damage factor than Russian bi-metal ammo, but of course no one on the Internets told the range monkeys to ban it, so they dont care.

(side note: its amazing that the average user on here knows more about guns and ammo than the average gun shop/range employee)

As has been told to me, the problem with bimetal jackets indoors is that it causes sparks that can ignite fires from the leftover unburned powder buit up over time.

There might be some truth to that, I have noticed sparks while shooting bimetal jackets indoors. I don't think it could cause a fire, but who knows, maybe it could. Sandy Springs Gun Club doesn't seem to care, they allow just about anything there- full auto/rapid fire, cheap steel case ammo, suppressors. Hell, they rent full autos and I saw them give a guy tula ammo with a rental AK.

As has been told to me, the problem with bimetal jackets indoors is that it causes sparks that can ignite fires from the leftover unburned powder buit up over time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom