• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Watch out for the Brown Recluse spider.

I've seen several brown recluses in Georgia but more black widows, yes.

The last recluse I saw was on my toilet paper roll in my bathroom.
It must have crawled out of the nearby AC vent in the wall.

It was moving very slowly as they do....had the fluid filled appearing legs and the distinguishing mark.

I am sooooo glad I did not use that toilet paper.

I've seen many of them, usually in attics and very dark areas like crawl spaces and kill every damn last spider I see.

I suggest you catch one and get to a entomologist to be sure, MANY LARGE PC COMPANIES HAVE ONE ON STAFF..
I know this is an old thread, but I just killed one of these buggers for the first time since this thread. I won't both any pros, but here is what I have. This one was pretty big, so that might point to it being some other kind.
images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_07_25_c8e3e5d6ea64218a0ce8ff3c69a1efc6.jpg

images.tapatalk_cdn.com_15_07_25_f14547b4b352d668209bc2abb02e5ab3.jpg

I agree. My shop is full of them. Positively ID'd by that "fiddle" on their back. I always blow out gloves with an airhose and thoroughly check anything before putting it on. I got bit by what was thought to be one in high school hiding in elbow pads. It was excruciating.

I was just re-reading this thread... I smash glove fingers with a hammer before I put them on!

dammit I hate spiders on me now my arachnaphobia is heightened

snakes meh,

Do watch for Black Widow in water meter boxes a plumber friend said they seem to thrive there

dammit I hate spiders on me now my arachnaphobia is heightened

snakes meh,

Do watch for Black Widow in water meter boxes a plumber friend said they seem to thrive there

Yep! Every time. Also telephone pedestals (those cubes between every 2 or 4 houses in your subdivision) and orange traffic cones sitting in tall grass.

During hunting season I got so used to having large spider webs stretch across my face and snap when I walk through them that it don't even bother me any more.
I haven't been bitten by anything bad yet.
Another interesting spider fact for deer hunters.
Daddy long legs are actually in the recluse family and I was wondering if anyone else had noticed when they track a deer blood trail in the dark if they had daddy long legs feeding on the blood trails when they got to them?
I've noticed this every time I track in the dark.
Ever want to know how many spiders are with you in the woods?
Just turn on your flashlight in the dark and you'll see all their eyes shining like gems in the leaves.
Tons of them.

During hunting season I got so used to having large spider webs stretch across my face and snap when I walk through them that it don't even bother me any more.
I haven't been bitten by anything bad yet.
Another interesting spider fact for deer hunters.
Daddy long legs are actually in the recluse family and I was wondering if anyone else had noticed when they track a deer blood trail in the dark if they had daddy long legs feeding on the blood trails when they got to them?
I've noticed this every time I track in the dark.
Ever want to know how many spiders are with you in the woods?
Just turn on your flashlight in the dark and you'll see all their eyes shining like gems in the leaves.
Tons of them.
I wish I could video myself panicking and acting like a little girl when I walk into a web, I bet it's hysterical! I always think he's on my head.

Back
Top Bottom