• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Watch out for the Brown Recluse spider.

I see them (brown recluses) all the time in aerial telephone terminals ...there are absolutely plenty of them here in GA...the ground telephone pedestals..is where u see the cotton webs and the black widows...we have a spray that is incredible against these spiders and wasps in the terminals

I have read that the spiders we have here that look almost exactly like Brown Recluses actually are a different species that is not nearly as dangerous. Supposedly you can tell by the number of eyes, or something like that.

I have read that the spiders we have here that look almost exactly like Brown Recluses actually are a different species that is not nearly as dangerous. Supposedly you can tell by the number of eyes, or something like that.

your exactly right cobalt. They have 6 eyes arranged in pairs ( called diads I thinks) with one pair in front and a pair on either side.

I'll have to be honest, it's going to be hard to count the eyes after I've stomped the damned thing into next week!

Hates me some spiders. The signature spiders in the yard are cool in late summer but nothing worse than walking into one of their webs in the dark and then doing the funky chicken trying to get it off of you. I usually run into a tree and knock myself out in the process...screaming like a little girl the whole time...

Yah I've been doing pest control for a while in Georgia, as a certified operator not a registered tech. Company I work for has an entomologist on staff with 30 yrs experience. I can easily find you a widow in just about any yard but the recluse is much less common. If you head northwest from Atlanta you get more into their home range where it is possible to find but I've crawled more nasty crawl spaces than I care to remember and you will see loads of cellar spiders and house spiders but not tons of recluses. In this state I'd be more worried about a scorpion, yellow jackets and wasps. Dust in crawlspaces gets my vote as well so long as it's not sopping wet.

Im im not a fan of spiders or things with stingers so I'd rather deal death to them all whether they bite or not.

Pops got a brown recluse bite on his thigh back in the 80's over-nighting in a motel out of state. After a day or two and no relief, he finally went to the doc to get it looked at. He told him 24 hours more and I'd be taking your leg off. The venom had already began to eat away at his leg muscles...

Can't prove anything but I have a couple family members that were diagnosed with recluse bites. My daughter was bitten in her bed and that was diagnosed as a recluse bite. Poor girl was also stung by a scorpion in bed...

Back
Top Bottom