• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Out of the way perfect gifts...

not coleman but my pops' Dietz camping lantern from when he was a scout. I cleaned it up and take it on all car camp trips i make. Nay, there is no hiss but the light it puts out is very warming.

Attachments

• lantern.jpeg
    lantern.jpeg
    78.7 KB · Views: 19
You can run regular gas in them. I have for 40yrs and have over 20 of them. The 200a is my favorite. They "used" to say white gas or coleman fuel but that was when gas had lead in it. All is unleaded now. 87 is just fine and cheaper. No need in buying high dollar coleman fuel even though gas in general is high as giraffe nuts

My pops passed recently, and today was the final day of cleaning out his home of 40 years... parents save some strange things and dad was no exception..
Here is one of those gifts he left me...
40 years later ... returned.
Sir, sorry about the loss of your dad. God bless you, your dad and loved ones.

I still have one of those. Damn things were hard to keep lit. Pump up the pressure. Clean the ( what my called the carburetor ) generator, feed tube and replace the ( mantle ) sock filament and a host of other small parts.
You had to do all of that before you go camping or you find yourself doing surgery in front of the truck lights. LOL

First I heard of collecting them was from a friend of mine who has probably 15 or more. I still have a couple hanging in my shop from years gone by

First I heard of collecting them was from a friend of mine who has probably 15 or more. I still have a couple hanging in my shop from years gone by
at one time I had 76 of them lol. Multiple models. I have a buddy that has more than that takes them down and cleans them regularly just like us taking a shower

I think the one we have is in impeccable condition. I think we switched the glass bulb with a yellow one. It seemed to cut down on bugs along with the 101 octane gasoline we used back when I was a kid.

All I remember from camping trips was don’t bang it around .

Or you will break the mantle ,

Wonder what the guy that invented it was thinking ?

I’m gonna take this super flammable liquid and pump it up to a high pressure and inject it into this net thing and it’s gonna burn really bright .

Wonder how many times he lost his eyebrows before he figure out the exact amount or gas and pressure and net size ?

All I remember from camping trips was don’t bang it around .

Or you will break the mantle ,

Wonder what the guy that invented it was thinking ?

I’m gonna take this super flammable liquid and pump it up to a high pressure and inject it into this net thing and it’s gonna burn really bright .

Wonder how many times he lost his eyebrows before he figure out the exact amount or gas and pressure and net size ?
Don't know, but it was a good invention.....

Back
Top Bottom