• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Watch out for the Brown Recluse spider.

Despite what you may hear the Brown Recluse is not very common in most of GA.. We are seeing a few hear and there.. The black widow is far more common...

uhhhh what? they are all over the place. they just tend to be where humans arent (aka name recluse). go under a house to do some work in a few weeks when it gets real warm and you will have a very different opinion

I was camping off Lake Allatoona a few weeks back, and one of the guys found a Brown Recluse on his tent door, AND we found several scorpions near the fire pit.

uhhhh what? they are all over the place. they just tend to be where humans arent (aka name recluse). go under a house to do some work in a few weeks when it gets real warm and you will have a very different opinion
I agree. My shop is full of them. Positively ID'd by that "fiddle" on their back. I always blow out gloves with an airhose and thoroughly check anything before putting it on. I got bit by what was thought to be one in high school hiding in elbow pads. It was excruciating.

I agree. My shop is full of them. Positively ID'd by that "fiddle" on their back. I always blow out gloves with an airhose and thoroughly check anything before putting it on. I got bit by what was thought to be one in high school hiding in elbow pads. It was excruciating.

good idea. they arent aggressive by nature (thank god) but still can pack a punch. i think they have hemotoxic venom

I was camping off Lake Allatoona a few weeks back, and one of the guys found a Brown Recluse on his tent door, AND we found several scorpions near the fire pit.
those scorpions wont kill you here. they feel like a bee sting though, still not fun

I saw a cops episode where the perp had a nasty gouge in his leg, like a chunk of flesh had been cut out. The cop asked him what that was all about and he said "I got bit by a brown caluse". Yes, he said caluse.

Back
Top Bottom