• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Walmart to stop selling 22lr

Walmart is not going to stop carrying .22LR in their stores. If you cannot find any at your local Walmart it's because you aren't "in the loop." If competition is stiff in your area (other neckbeards with nothing to do in the morning) then you are going to see empty shelves. Walmart "manages by modular" and is using a computer assisted ordering system that does not utilize demand satisfaction estimates in the inventory quantities shipped to the stores. If the planogram indicates the store can hold 20 bricks in the item's location on the fixture, that's what the system orders when 20 bricks are scanned. It is difficult to "order more" than the system will allow. If Billy Jo and his sister-wife and all their family members are standing in line at 6:38 a.m. when the stock comes out on the floor (Billy Jo's brother-cousin is the department manager) then the 20 bricks will gone in 5 minutes. The store sits empty until the next delivery of merchandise for that department, usually 2 to three days although most stores get more than a truck per day. If the stores are on allocation due to shortages, then the situation is worse.

I've watched SG department managers hide ammunition under the counter at Macon Walmarts during the peak of the panic. When called out, they made some lame excuse about "there isn't a tag up so I can't scan the item", LOL! That might be how they explain it to the average Murican consumer but since I've been a vendor to Walmart for years in space management and inventory planning software, I know that to be a lie.

You just have to get up early enough to beat the neckbeards, that's about all there is to the mystery. I have no trouble buying case lots from suppliers other than Walmart and I haven't looked at an ammo counter in Walmart in years.

I talked with the manager at commerce Walmart and found out that 22 will no longer be on the "modular". Which means it is no longer a "replenishment" item. In other words the manager can no longer order it. The buyers will send it to stores and they will put somewhere either in the gun case or the knife case or in an empty slot in the ammo case until it sells out.

I talked with the manager at commerce Walmart and found out that 22 will no longer be on the "modular". Which means it is no longer a "replenishment" item. In other words the manager can no longer order it. The buyers will send it to stores and they will put somewhere either in the gun case or the knife case or in an empty slot in the ammo case until it sells out.
See that makes sense. Thank u sir

Walmart is not going to stop carrying .22LR in their stores. If you cannot find any at your local Walmart it's because you aren't "in the loop." If competition is stiff in your area (other neckbeards with nothing to do in the morning) then you are going to see empty shelves. Walmart "manages by modular" and is using a computer assisted ordering system that does not utilize demand satisfaction estimates in the inventory quantities shipped to the stores. If the planogram indicates the store can hold 20 bricks in the item's location on the fixture, that's what the system orders when 20 bricks are scanned. It is difficult to "order more" than the system will allow. If Billy Jo and his sister-wife and all their family members are standing in line at 6:38 a.m. when the stock comes out on the floor (Billy Jo's brother-cousin is the department manager) then the 20 bricks will gone in 5 minutes. The store sits empty until the next delivery of merchandise for that department, usually 2 to three days although most stores get more than a truck per day. If the stores are on allocation due to shortages, then the situation is worse.

I've watched SG department managers hide ammunition under the counter at Macon Walmarts during the peak of the panic. When called out, they made some lame excuse about "there isn't a tag up so I can't scan the item", LOL! That might be how they explain it to the average Murican consumer but since I've been a vendor to Walmart for years in space management and inventory planning software, I know that to be a lie.

You just have to get up early enough to beat the neckbeards, that's about all there is to the mystery. I have no trouble buying case lots from suppliers other than Walmart and I haven't looked at an ammo counter in Walmart in years.

The problem at my walmart is the stock people won't put it out without calling their husbands and father-in-laws and what not to give them a heads up. They will with until their people show up to stock it. I just have to hope some is left by the time I get off work. Which has happened 4 times since Newtown.

The problem at my walmart is the stock people won't put it out without calling their husbands and father-in-laws and what not to give them a heads up. They will with until their people show up to stock it. I just have to hope some is left by the time I get off work. Which has happened 4 times since Newtown.

I don't buy it to shoot, I buy bulk pack stuff to give away to kids at the range (nothing brings a smile to a kid's face like a brick of 22) and to help supply Appleseed. I'm fortunate in that I have many good club members that donate ammunition for that purpose. It's a little irritating to pay a goat breathed neckbeard $55 for a brick of Thunderbolt that I know Walmart sells for $24.97.

I don't buy it to shoot, I buy bulk pack stuff to give away to kids at the range (nothing brings a smile to a kid's face like a brick of 22) and to help supply Appleseed. I'm fortunate in that I have many good club members that donate ammunition for that purpose. It's a little irritating to pay a goat breathed neckbeard $55 for a brick of Thunderbolt that I know Walmart sells for $24.97.

Nowadays you give a kid a brick of .22's and you become UNCLE Palmettomoon!

Back
Top Bottom