• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walmart - Remington 770 - Synthetic stock with Bushnell scope - $297.00 = Junk?

this is no different than the hi point threads , if it works use it , if thats all the money you got . . .buy it !! Take care of it like you should, you shouldn't have any problems! I guess anything that isn't $550 or more is a piece of **** , how many of you had a bad experience with a 770 , not your buddy but you , OK

I HAD a 770 in 300wm.... wouldnt shoot for **** ... took it to the smithy and asked him to rebarrel it, was gonna do a 308 on a long action for the ability to load long and still get em in the mag. When the smithy says "Id like to take your money but this here is a POS and the barrel is pressed in and it really isnt worth fooling with, you are better off selling this and getting something that will allow you to be able to screw a new barrel in". I took his advice sold the 770 bought a Marlin 925 for the GF with the money and then purchased a 700 that shoots purty gooder.

You must have had a bad one, as the 700's I have shot had very good bolts.Smooth and tight, no slop.

hold both and come back and tell me which one has a sloppy bolt on it 700 will feel all loose when you move the bolt like it could fall out by itself , the 770 don't ,smooth ,clean sliding action i have both the 770 was better IMO maybe an older model, i mean real older model but do not buy one of those gray colored guns they where mass produced for sales

What the hell? I have been dying to find a walmart anywhere around me that still sells guns. Curses! I have one of their old savage 110 + bushnell scope deals and it is fantastic. Sadly, no accu-trigger.

I HAD a 770 in 300wm.... wouldnt shoot for **** ... took it to the smithy and asked him to rebarrel it, was gonna do a 308 on a long action for the ability to load long and still get em in the mag. When the smithy says "Id like to take your money but this here is a POS and the barrel is pressed in and it really isnt worth fooling with, you are better off selling this and getting something that will allow you to be able to screw a new barrel in". I took his advice sold the 770 bought a Marlin 925 for the GF with the money and then purchased a 700 that shoots purty gooder.

Being an instructor...time and time again...it's the shooter not the the weapon....just sayin'

I'd rather have a Marlin, Remington 770, 700, or a Ruger before I get some deer rifle that costs over $500.00. One reason I will never own a Browning....

Being an instructor...time and time again...it's the shooter not the the weapon....just sayin'

I'd rather have a Marlin, Remington 770, 700, or a Ruger before I get some deer rifle that costs over $500.00. One reason I will never own a Browning....

Yeah I was going to say especially when dealing with the magnum cartridges, many people develop a flinch before they even shoot the rifle. Their preconceived notions about how much it is going to kick makes them already miss the target before they even pull the trigger the first time...Its amazing how the mind can psych you out so much.

Slot of folks bash the 770. Say it's junk, blah blah blah.

I have had one for four years now. No issues what so ever. It will shoot a 1 1/2" group at 100 yards with the bushel scope that came on it. Is it the best rifle, no. Does it do what it's supposed to, yes.

My FIL bought it for me. First gift he ever gave me, so regardless if problems arise, I will not get rid of it. He hunts with a Winchester model 70 coyote light in 270 WSM. He preffers my 770 over his model 70. He's asked me to trade quite a few times, but I won't do it because of how I got it. He'll be getting a 770 for Christmas.

The main complaint I've heard for the 770 is the scope that comes on them will not hold zero. Big deal most of us upgrade the scope anyhow.

Back
Top Bottom