• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Walmart - Remington 770 - Synthetic stock with Bushnell scope - $297.00 = Junk?

Have a 700 BDL that I actually love, but I put a 770 in my hands one day at WALLY WORLD and it just seemed cheap. Didn't like the the action or the trigger after trigger, after she took the lock off. There is a reason a BDL cost nearly $800. and a 770 costs $300. (with scope). I'm not saying you can't get one that will work O.K, but it is not the same quality.

Cheap=Cheap...always has, and always will.

Never heard a good thing about them other then the price. They aren't a 700, and there is a reason they are cheaper. Will it work, I suppose, but if you can afford more then I would buy it. Get something you children can use when you are gone rather then a cheap rifle that they will trash because it no longer works. As far as accuracy even main stream gun writers are beginning to acknowledge that with the advances that have been made over the past 20 years in barrel manufacturing, machine tolerances, and possibly most importantly ammo quality getting tight groups is becoming easier, especially the 3 shot little groups that a lot of people use, or some places that take the best three out of five. You want to test accuracy go with a ten shot group and see how it groups.

You want a cheap rifle that will run you in the $300 range, go buy a Mosin Nagant and sporterize it. I would believe you can probably set it up for $300 with a better scope.

The operative word here is PRETTY

*With the 700, 'pretty' usually only refers to the stock and
it's 'accuracy' is normally discussed in more precise terms.

between the 3 i have, (1)700 and (2)770 , my 770's are more accurate than MY 700 , like i said i may have a POS 700. It is the only one i have and won't have another if they all are like it ! I'm talking about MY guns , I don't know about yours or your buddies!!

between the 3 i have, (1)700 and (2)770 , my 770's are more accurate than MY 700 , like i said i may have a POS 700. It is the only one i have and won't have another if they all are like it ! I'm talking about MY guns , I don't know about yours or your buddies!!

How much you want for the POS 700? JUST the rifle ... dont care about any scope or anything like that .... especially if its a short action

this is no different than the hi point threads , if it works use it , if thats all the money you got . . .buy it !! Take care of it like you should, you shouldn't have any problems! I guess anything that isn't $550 or more is a piece of **** , how many of you had a bad experience with a 770 , not your buddy but you , OK

there ain't nothing wrong with a model 70 , one of the best guns i ever had was a win model 70 7mm wsm
sold that damn thing for $250 , worst mistake i ever made!!

Back
Top Bottom