• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

VERRY ODD QUESTION

most of the noise will get out if you are within 10 feet of the opening.
Put a 2 liter coke bottle on the end of the barrel and it'll muffle the first 3 or 4 shots till the bottom is shot out.
cut a notch for the front sight, slide it on put a hose clamp on behind the sight and tape it till its sealed to the barrel.

You know, I had a very realistic dream where I tried this, after drinking a 1 liter diet Coke at the farm, and attaching that bottle to a .22 rifle that was about to be shot with standard velocity ammo.
The gunshot sounded, to me there right next to the gun, equally loud as any other shot with standard velocity .22 ammo. The empty plastic soda bottle had no effect. Not for the first shot, nor the second.

After the second shot I woke up.

I'd assume that if a 1-liter bottle had no reduction in the sound of a standard velocity .22LR,
then a 2-liter bottle would have no reduction in noise when using full powered .22 WMR rounds.
(At least in my fictional dream world.)

The way my luck is there would be a DNR of officer of the law would be at one of the houses close by. The guy with the 410 actually has just cause cause they are trying for burrow under his house.

Bigger the better. Childhood buddy of mine, well when we were in high school, got the bright idea we'd try to shoot a deer out the 2 story bathroom. So he posted up on the toilet and shot out into the hay field. Needless to say it sounded like we set a pound of c4 off in a phone booth. His mom beat his ass like you wouldn't believe:lol:

Bigger the better. Childhood buddy of mine, well when we were in high school, got the bright idea we'd try to shoot a deer out the 2 story bathroom. So he posted up on the toilet and shot out into the hay field. Needless to say it sounded like we set a pound of c4 off in a phone booth. His mom beat his ass like you wouldn't believe:lol:

There's nothing better than getting paid to look out the window....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The way my luck is there would be a DNR of officer of the law would be at one of the houses close by. The guy with the 410 actually has just cause cause they are trying for burrow under his house.

What is "just cause" to kill a coyote? I thought the official position of the State was that they're an unwelcome invasive species and can be hunted all year 'round, without limits, night or day (except on WMA public lands) , and using any method that is not considered 'cruelty to animals.'

Oh, wait. Trapping involves a different set of fish & game rules, right? Not same as killing them by gunfire?

My yard is flat for 5O yards. That where the Kudzu starts. Right after the Kudzu starts the gradient of the terrain take a sharp up swing with steep, steep hill going up to the next house. I would be shooting downward into that berm just before the kudzu. About 10 feet where the Kudzu starts and up the hill a ways a huge tree fell last year and would block any shots going up but I am shooting downward. My window would be open about 10 inches and I would be 8 ft. From the window just to keep noise down. I probably won't see it again but if it does show up In don't want a possible rabies carrier snooping around. The house in the direction I would be shooting is so far up the mountain it's not a concern. To much crap for a projectile to get though.

Back
Top Bottom