• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Using your can while pending.

Spartan14

Default rank <1250 posts
ODT Junkie!
97   0
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I checked the first page, didn't see anything. I talked to the an employee from the company doing my transfer and he said he thinks I should be able to shoot my can while I am pending. I have read on several sites that many dealers are OK with this. Have any of you guys ordered/ transferred from a dealer in GA that lets you do this (and it is their policy to do so, not a favor)

If anyone has done it in the Kennesaw, Marietta, Canton area I would love to hear from who. Otherwise just interested in general.

The ATF has two form 1's pending for me and a Form 4, can we say anxious???

Waiting on my 7.62 SDN-6

Thanks gentlemen.

As long as the dealer who's name it is in is there, there is no problem with it. You paid for it, is just in their possession until it's transferred.

It's legal. As long as the "owner" is around still in possession. You won't beable to go anywhere else besides the range that the item is kept at unless the owner of the store takes it with him to meet up with you.

Same thing if you're a range shooting your suppressor and someone ask to shoot it. It's okay since you're within possession distance.

If someone sets up an ODT shoot, I'll gladly bring my customer's cans out to let them shoot them. I just don't have a range to regularly let people shoot on.

Most dealers who have a range will let you shoot it there. If they don't, you should probably find another dealer next time around.

Back
Top Bottom