• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Using the "Ignore" feature...............

I agree with most every thing you said. I do not come to ODT every day (shame on me) but I stay signed in all the time. If you were to go to my profile, it would most likely show that I am signed in even though I am not on. I am one that will answer every PM no matter what is said or offered. Don't hold it against me if you post in my ad and you don't PM me (not talking directly to you but just in general).

I missed a sale of some holsters a couple of months back because the member posted "I'll take them" in the thread but did not PM me. I just did not look at the thread for 4 or 5 days, I was not ignoring him/her but just didn't know because of no PM. When I did see the post, I PM'd an apology to them immediately and they ignored my PM. I check my email every day and any PM will send an email saying a PM was sent.

Sorry for rambling on!!

I guess this might be looked on as a rant, which I have as yet attempted to do on here, but here goes............
I have posted a good many items on here in the Classifieds since I joined the site in 2010, and I have also made deals with a few great members as well- I have always made it a point to try and answer all PM's that were addressed to me, whether they made any sense or were pertinent to the thread or not- I've had members list something as "for sale only", and I've been known to offer them a trade for their item, and I always make it clear that I did it "just in case their preferences change (sell vs. trade), but if not, then good luck with their original decision- I've had this happen to me many times on here, and I've always answered with a "only looking to sell or only looking to trade at this time, but if my needs change, I'll let you know, thanks"- What chaps my behind is when a member thinks they are too intelligent to be bothered my offer and to courteously reply with a PM, just because they listed for sale and I offered a trade, or vice versa, so they just ignore me- Then I check their profile to see if they were online since I sent them a PM, which in most cases they have been- That has happened to me more than I would care for it to lately, so I made a decision for myself just recently- If that happens to me, then that member will be placed on my "IGNORE" list, because I figure if they don't have the time or courtesy to give me a simple reply, I'd rather not do any business with them in the future- There are plenty of great members on here that think like I do, and those are the ones that I would rather deal with anyway............. Am I being selfish here, or does anybody else think I'm making the right move?

Excellent post, if I get ignored I put the user on ignore. Also use the peek feature to see what the person posts but knowing that they're on my ignore list, I know not to deal with them. As far as missing out on a deal, I don't care.

I have never used the ignore list. I admit to thinking about it on a couple of occasionss, but decided against it. OP,it is rude not to answer a PM, but it will happen. Maybe there is a good reason the PM was not answered, maybe not. People have different ideas of what they should or should not do. Best advice has already been given. Do not let it upset you. I have dealt with and have met some really great people on this site. I choose not to do business with one or two members, but that is my choice. I would not let the actions of a few affect your attitude toward the many.

I think the ignore feature is kinda funny. you can still see their posts. You just have to click a button to read it. Hard for be to believe that people dont click that button just to see what was said.

I guess this might be looked on as a rant, which I have as yet attempted to do on here, but here goes............
I have posted a good many items on here in the Classifieds since I joined the site in 2010, and I have also made deals with a few great members as well- I have always made it a point to try and answer all PM's that were addressed to me, whether they made any sense or were pertinent to the thread or not- I've had members list something as "for sale only", and I've been known to offer them a trade for their item, and I always make it clear that I did it "just in case their preferences change (sell vs. trade), but if not, then good luck with their original decision- I've had this happen to me many times on here, and I've always answered with a "only looking to sell or only looking to trade at this time, but if my needs change, I'll let you know, thanks"- What chaps my behind is when a member thinks they are too intelligent to be bothered my offer and to courteously reply with a PM, just because they listed for sale and I offered a trade, or vice versa, so they just ignore me- Then I check their profile to see if they were online since I sent them a PM, which in most cases they have been- That has happened to me more than I would care for it to lately, so I made a decision for myself just recently- If that happens to me, then that member will be placed on my "IGNORE" list, because I figure if they don't have the time or courtesy to give me a simple reply, I'd rather not do any business with them in the future- There are plenty of great members on here that think like I do, and those are the ones that I would rather deal with anyway............. Am I being selfish here, or does anybody else think I'm making the right move?

With the way things are going these days you better hope there isnt a limit on how many people you can put on ignore.

I dont use the ignore feature. There are however a bakers dozen or so members who I will never deal with. Period. Why? Because they in the past ignored a PM I sent them. If you cant at least send me a reply back then dont expect me to. I reply to every person who has ever sent me a PM. Least you could do is send me one back. So those people will never get an item from me nor will they get my money.

Im the same way I just make a metal note of who not to deal with, mostly people that dont know where they live. If they don't know that then I dont need to be around them when they have a firearm or sharp object.

its respectful to respond to someone asking. i find it annoying to. everyone except for one member was super nice in telling me they werent interested. and the one guy that wasnt was just abrupt, not really rude but still

The ignore feature is gay. Nobody truly uses it if I had to guess because they are always taking a peek.

I can assure you and anybody else on here that when I hit that button, those members WILL be ignored- I have never completed a transaction on this site out of necessity, only because I enjoy this as a "hobby", and get to meet some great people- It really doesn't matter if a member chooses to ignore me, even if later he had a Glock that looked like the one that Glockink has and wanted $50.00 for it- It is purely a matter of principle for me, because my word is really all that I have that's worth anything- If I think that someone has ignored me (and I make sure and give them until the next day to respond before I act), then I should have no other logical choice than to "return the favor"...................

Back
Top Bottom