• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Using the "Ignore" feature...............

Mirvin 264

Eagle Icon Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
440   0
Reaction score
I guess this might be looked on as a rant, which I have as yet attempted to do on here, but here goes............
I have posted a good many items on here in the Classifieds since I joined the site in 2010, and I have also made deals with a few great members as well- I have always made it a point to try and answer all PM's that were addressed to me, whether they made any sense or were pertinent to the thread or not- I've had members list something as "for sale only", and I've been known to offer them a trade for their item, and I always make it clear that I did it "just in case their preferences change (sell vs. trade), but if not, then good luck with their original decision- I've had this happen to me many times on here, and I've always answered with a "only looking to sell or only looking to trade at this time, but if my needs change, I'll let you know, thanks"- What chaps my behind is when a member thinks they are too intelligent to be bothered my offer and to courteously reply with a PM, just because they listed for sale and I offered a trade, or vice versa, so they just ignore me- Then I check their profile to see if they were online since I sent them a PM, which in most cases they have been- That has happened to me more than I would care for it to lately, so I made a decision for myself just recently- If that happens to me, then that member will be placed on my "IGNORE" list, because I figure if they don't have the time or courtesy to give me a simple reply, I'd rather not do any business with them in the future- There are plenty of great members on here that think like I do, and those are the ones that I would rather deal with anyway............. Am I being selfish here, or does anybody else think I'm making the right move?

Last edited:
I wouldn't let it get to you. Not worth the time. Besides what if they end up having a great deal on something and you miss it because you've ignored them? I'll put up with a lot for a great deal, but that's just me.

My ignore list continues to grow with the new blood coming on here,just the way it is.Sure I rant and rave also but some are like he said offensive.

I dont use the ignore feature. There are however a bakers dozen or so members who I will never deal with. Period. Why? Because they in the past ignored a PM I sent them. If you cant at least send me a reply back then dont expect me to. I reply to every person who has ever sent me a PM. Least you could do is send me one back. So those people will never get an item from me nor will they get my money.

My ignore list continues to grow with the new blood coming on here,just the way it is.Sure I rant and rave also but some are like he said offensive.

Seems like I add one or two almost every week.....Only my wife can get away with ignoring me---

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom