• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unheard bought a new truck for his birthday

IMG_2116.PNG
You're right, I'll probably end up with a 1970's something that gets 4mpg, and love it even more.
Yep grew up thru those times but gas was .34 cents a gallon then.

I bought this.
When it comes to outstanding fuel efficiency that doesn’t compromise on capability, the new Duramax® 3.0L Turbo-Diesel I-6 engine for the 2020 GMC Sierra 1500 is a seriously smart powertrain.

This latest engine builds off a deep understanding of the diesel powertrain space, earning the legendary Duramax badge by the high level of attention paid to maximizing its durability and efficiency that other diesel engines in the GMC family are known for.

Offering up to an EPA estimated 30 MPG highway, the Duramax 3.0L Turbo-Diesel not only gives you the most efficient Sierra 1500 ever, but is an ideal powertrain for off-road adventurers with a powerful 460 lb-ft of torque and best-in-class 277 diesel horsepower.†(1)

It also marks the first-ever inline-six turbo-diesel for GMC’s full-size light-duty truck, an engine design that helps enable a smoother driving experience, and will be available fall of 2019 on the Sierra SLE, Elevation, SLT, AT4 and Denali models.

It has been paired with a 10-speed automatic transmission, so this engine is not only powerful and efficient, but responsive and smooth while at work or play.
IMG_3032.jpg

I'm hesitant to really push anything right now, being brand new and all. Maybe later, but right now, 430 stock horses is pretty nice.

Oh no doubt.

Check with your dealer. Some will allow modifications but it has to be done through them aka "how much money you got boy?"

Thing is if you get too much mileage on a vehicle, certain tunes and certainly physical modifications can affect exponential ware on a vehicle that wasn't broken in with them. And hate to say it but the vehicle warranties lose effect in relatively short order.

I'd be very happy with that truck and wouldn't want to screw it up or void the warranty either.

Definitely a nice truck man. Congrats.

The diesel has a bunch of power, but you best be running it in a business so you can deduct the expenses. It is ALWAYS something with those Power Strokes, and not usually covered by warranty.

I took care of 6 of them for a while for a business, and it was never the same thing twice. You want something that will go and go? Get the gas burner and leave the engine bone stock.

You ever see @St0n3 ‘s truck? I had lunch with him today... he daily’s a 17 f450 (pretty much a sema truck) and it’s pushing 200k, tows **** constantly..... no issues.

Back
Top Bottom