• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Unfreaking believable!

Let me start by saying that I am pro-police, I have the utmost respect for those in law enforcement and I personally believe that a majority of LEO's are upstanding and dedicated individuals...that being said; pissed does not even start to describe that way that I feel right now. Two days ago I received a ticket for IMPROPER TURN (turned left out of a right turn only parking lot before I realized what I was doing and couldn't get turned back a round without stopping traffic - I have a four door Ram megacab diesel, it ain't small) and I went online to pay it today, the ticket fee was $280.00!!!!

I was definitely at fault and have no issue paying the ticket but $280.00 for an improper turn ticket?!? Come on! WTH!

Just needed to vent a little....

I would suggest that you by an older car that couldn't pass emissions, and put a hand drawn tag in cardboard in the back window. Cops only like to **** with the ones that can pay.

I made a U turn in front of a Cobb County cop about 10 years ago, right on Barrett Parkway near the mall. I saw the cop. I didn't see the "No U-Turn" sign. He ticketed me. I begged him to have pity. I pointed out that I saw him, and asked if he thought I was so stupid that I would blatently make a turn right in front of him. He totally didn't care.

And for the record, I am very pro-cop also. But I was super pissed that day. And my ticket, over 10 years ago, was $135.
Wow, I drove over the curb on Barrett where Twin Peaks is now, got pulled over, and the officer just told me to go down to the light next time, no warning or ticket. Super nice guy. I guess it depends on how many assholes they deal with before they get to you.

Wow, I drove over the curb on Barrett where Twin Peaks is now, got pulled over, and the officer just told me to go down to the light next time, no warning or ticket. Super nice guy. I guess it depends on how many assholes they deal with before they get to you.
The crazy thing was that when the officer stopped me I explained that I noticed I was in the wrong shortly into my turn but did not have the real estate to correct the turn without stopping both lanes of traffic. He was nice for all 10 seconds that we spoke, then he wrote me a ticket and said "be careful"!

Yeah you can, but if its like here in Bartow, you can get a stern Judge and they will tell you basically **** off...
I got a 24 over super speeder ticket in Quitman County in 2014. I called and rode down there to see the judge, in a courthouse which was an office in the judges office and asked that he take the super speeder qualifier off the ticket and if I could just pay the county what I owed them and not the state DDS. I payed 240 for the ticked and dodged the super speeder fine and the points. I think he reduced it to 11 over, but I paid every cent I would have owed to the county. It's all about the revenue. He didn't give a **** what the state was owed lol. I was 100% fine with that.

Back
Top Bottom