• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Ufo In Daylight Stirling City 2/2/2013

Let's use your fish example.. If a person from the outside dimensions decided to take a swim.. the fish sees the person.. now the fish has some understanding of what the outer dimensions looks like.

Not Exactly.

The fish is seeing something strange, but he has not idea what it is. The Hawking example with the fish is not meant to be an example of how things can move from one "dimension" to another one..... It is an example of how two things can have vastly different experiences, even though they share the same "dimensional reality." The fish sees a very different environment, which he experiences with slightly different senses, even though he shares the same dimension with us.

I think we are definitely seeing hints of some other dimensions out there (dark matter-for example.) Supposedly @ 90% of the universe is made of stuff we cannot detect or describe in any way. I think that stuff probably is out there is one (or many) dimensions we can't detect.

My problem with UFOs remains. If they got here in some other dimension, how would we know? By definition, we can't see these other dimensions which may be out there-so we wouldn't be able to see any of those UFOs. Things really can't slip from one dimension into another-not in any manner I could imagine. The dimensional definition of reality we all exist in is the most basic and unchangeable part of our universe. There is nothing we can do to change it (and I certainly don't think any other life form could either.)

Last edited:
The fish analogy is antiquated, because the fish "can actually see" through the looking glass, whereas we're dealing with what's mostly unseen. I suggest that it's easier to compare the existence of other dimensions to the energy-based light and radio waves that zip all around & through us constantly... we only accept the fact that (the waves) are there. 150 years ago you'd most likely be locked-up-looney for suggesting just that.

Speed of light means nothing when space can be folded :)

I very much disagree. Show me folded space. Show me anything that can "fold" space/time in any useful manner. I have never heard of it!

Show me a wormhole. They don't exist. They are cute little fantasies for TV shows and PBS specials, but no one has ever seen one. I think no one ever will. Any disruption strong enough to create a fictional wormhole would be strong enough to rip any voyager to shreds. The gravity necessary to create such a distortion is by definition so strong that it would rip hell out of anything inside it-just as a singularity would.

I like your comparison of other dimensions to light and radio "waves." Sure, there are things we don't yet understand. And I think other dimensions are almost certainly there. But I just don't see a way around my conclusion. If something got here in some other dimension that we can't detect, then how in heck would we suddenly be able to see them? They are locked in their dimension-and that dimension is invisible to us. There is no way anything could "pop" into our dimension like that. Dimensions are not arbitrary or amendable, they aren't something that can be controlled-they just exist as they are. And I can imagine there is nothing we (or any other being) could ever do to amend that situation.

Last edited:
[/QUOTE]My problem with UFOs remains. If they got here in some other dimension, how would we know? By definition, we can't see these other dimensions which may be out there-so we wouldn't be able to see any of those UFOs.[/QUOTE]

If its a parallel dimension we could... In theory...
I personally believe we could still see higher dimensional travelers. At least until they travel through time or space or wherever they go when they disappear.
just some thoughts.

I think other dimensional travelers would be invisible-like dark matter. My personal theory is that there is a hell of a lot of "something" out there which exists in other dimensions. We can tell something is there by the effects this "matter" has on stuff around it. For example, the arms of the Milky Way are spinning too fast for the amount of "normal matter" we can account for. Theory is that there is "dark" matter all around us-and any honest physicist will tell you that "dark matter" is fancy code for "we have no idea."

But, it is tough to imagine how anything could move into or out of any dimension. This "dark matter" is locked into its own reality. Science knows it is there-because of its gravitational effects, but it is completely undetectable by any direct means. Nothing shows up in any method of detection we have. Nothing at all. So, aliens could exists there and we would still have no way of ever detecting them. With dark matter, we are talking about 85% of the total mass of the universe-and we can't see a damn thing. Stuff much bigger than any galaxy cluster is out there-but completely invisible on any spectrum.

This is my problem. If we can't see entire galaxies (or in fact 85% of the matter comprising the universe,) how could be ever see a little green guy who exists in some form of dark matter (or other dimensional matter?)

I like the theory of parallel universes in some respects, but I doubt any of the other universes could look anything like ours. And by definition, parallel universes are separate... Things can't leak into one and out of the other. You may could see some kind of gravitational effects, but that is in effect information being transferred-rather than matter. Matter is very much stuck in its own dimension-no matter what that dimension may be.

Last edited:
That's all well and good, but are you totally disregarding the very high possibility that intelligent life may exist in OUR dimension?
Out of all the billions of galaxies scattered throughout OUR dimension, I personally think that the odds of Earth being the only advanced civilization is crazy.

That's all well and good, but are you totally disregarding the very high possibility that intelligent life may exist in OUR dimension?
Out of all the billions of galaxies scattered throughout OUR dimension, I personally think that the odds of Earth being the only advanced civilization is crazy.

We're advanced? We make things that grow out of the ground illegal and millions watch a karaoke contest on t.v. weekly.

We are the trailer park of the universe.

I don't know that I'd call it 'crazy' as the odds of us existing at all are pretty 'crazy' but that aside.... the odds of life on another planet I find extremely plausible. The odds of that life being intelligent enough to master inter galactic travel and then further to come to earth (one tiny planet in one galazy out of billions of galaxies) and do nothing but 'look around' stealthily is what I find increasingly less probable. I mean go ahead and make a grand entrance, nuke us, pillage, help us out, whatever. Or maybe they are just following the prime directive? ;)

I don't know that I'd call it 'crazy' as the odds of us existing at all are pretty 'crazy' but that aside.... the odds of life on another planet I find extremely plausible. The odds of that life being intelligent enough to master inter galactic travel and then further to come to earth (one tiny planet in one galazy out of billions of galaxies) and do nothing but 'look around' stealthily is what I find increasingly less probable. I mean go ahead and make a grand entrance, nuke us, pillage, help us out, whatever. Or maybe they are just following the prime directive? ;)

They made their presence known a long time ago and ppl. called them "gods".
They do that now and they would be killed.

Back
Top Bottom