• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey challenge

sambo77

Default rank 5000+ posts Supporter
The Hen that laid the Golden Legos
141   0
Reaction score
I got the idea from a hunting group on Facebook, would anyone be interested in doing a challenge this turkey season. Figure make teams decide on who all is on each team, say 4or 5 members per team. Pay an entry fee and winning team splits the total of entry fee? Figure it would be something fun to do with yall on here too.

What are the rules and do you want to just pay me now or wait until later??
I was planning on working rules out with everyone who participates, and we would collect up money at a later date.

Rule wise I think 1 point for a jake 3 points for a Tom and take measurements of spurs and beard length add all together. Pictures of bird with team number on a piece of paper on or next to it, harvest record, and pictures of the spur and beard lengths.

EDIT I re-read what you said. Pretty confident aren't ya? Lol

I was planning on working rules out with everyone who participates, and we would collect up money at a later date.

Rule wise I think 1 point for a jake 3 points for a Tom and take measurements of spurs and beard length add all together. Pictures of bird with team number on a piece of paper on or next to it, harvest record, and pictures of the spur and beard lengths.
I was just joking about the money thing.
Sounds like a fun game. Just wish it was 1999 and not 2020. Birds are so scarce now. Hell last year was the first year in quite some time we had more than one Tom on the whole farm. Turkeys are this generations Bobwhites. Enjoy it while you can because it’s only down hill from here.

I was just joking about the money thing.
Sounds like a fun game. Just wish it was 1999 and not 2020. Birds are so scarce now. Hell last year was the first year in quite some time we had more than one Tom on the whole farm. Turkeys are this generations Bobwhites. Enjoy it while you can because it’s only down hill from here.
they are indeed scarce but hopefully with good conservation efforts and predator control the population can grow better

9C46B29A-AA15-4540-8FBF-817DF761195F.gif

Tag some folks who might be interested
@24on48hunting

Back
Top Bottom