• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey Challenge

How do y’all want to do it this year?

• Total voters
Ill be doing good to get out once maybe twice before season closes and itll be my first times ever turkey hunting. Ill pass on the challenge but look forward to the hunt.
I understand I don’t know if I will go guess I’m just a sucker on the count me in crowd.but if I go I will be there to kill

A992848A-4001-43ED-8F1A-711A0C2F8FC7.jpeg

Alright so I think we are gonna keep the scoring the same way as last year but not combine points if you kill two turkeys that way it goes to the highest scoring person for a single bird. Also I was want y’all’s thoughts on the public land extra points should we keep it at two points or lower it some? Let me know y’all’s thoughts on everything though. I also think since we have 11 people we can pay out the top 3? Also let me clarify the top part, you can enter two turkeys but only the highest scoring one can win.

I am good with scoring 1 bird only.

Not to sound ignorant (this is my first challenge) but why would public land be worth 2 points just because it is public land?

Again not trying to start a turf war here. See what I did there? ;)

I say combine the points of the 2 birds. It will reflect the seasons success more than a single bird. Then if anyone has any extra prizes they can be for single birds or spurs, beard length, whatever they want. I'm planning on coming up with something extra to throw in the pot.

I'm fine with the extra point for public land and archery.

I am good with scoring 1 bird only.

Not to sound ignorant (this is my first challenge) but why would public land be worth 2 points just because it is public land?

Again not trying to start a turf war here. See what I did there? ;)
I’m fine with only adding a half point or one point. It’s really because it is harder to kill one on public and not necessarily because of the turkeys but the other people.
I say combine the points of the 2 birds. It will reflect the seasons success more than a single bird. Then if anyone has any extra prizes they can be for single birds or spurs, beard length, whatever they want. I'm planning on coming up with something extra to throw in the pot.

I'm fine with the extra point for public land and archery.
I do agree with that but then again some people only want to shoot one bird off their property to manage the population.

I do agree with that but then again some people only want to shoot one bird off their property to manage the population.

I plan on taking only 1 gobbler if given the opportunity, be it public or private land. We sure enjoy the hunt, calling in the Tom, and eating wild turkey, but we don't want to kill more than 1 between the 2 of us. I feel like for every 1 turkey we see, we see dozens of deer. So our mindset is just 1 bird each year until the numbers of the population come up.

Back
Top Bottom