• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Turkey Challenge

How do y’all want to do it this year?

• Total voters
Outside my camp window today.
3530.jpeg

Well we only have one more day to get these rules smoothed out so I really need everybody’s input on this.

I don't know how scoring was done in previous years, or how bird will be scored this year, but my input:

- 1 bird for scoring. If you harvest 2 birds, submit 1 of the 2 birds.

- Beard length, or lengths if double beard, start tape measure at 1 inch (not the end of the measure)

- Spur length

- Bonus points ... I (without knowing more) say no bonus points, just score the beard and spur, doesn't matter if public or private land, but open to hearing the bonus point options (like grabbing the Tom instead of shooting it, or dressing as the Easter Bunny on Sunday and killing a Tom, etc).

- Pics of measuring must be in focus and show the bird, pic of harvest record for the bird entered, and pic of newspaper showing date.

Don't know if this is what you are looking for or not? But those are my notions.

These are the rules from last year
Rules are as follows:

- 2 birds allowed to be entered per member

- birds killed in ga only

- 2 date verification pictures, one holding a newspaper of the day OR a paper with team number and screen name written on it with date written also with fan spread to show maturity or lack thereof, the other of the birds head on the newspaper with date visible OR paper with team number and date written on it.

- either a picture or screenshot of harvest record with confirmation number showing it's a legal bird

- picture of beard measurements **MEASURE FROM BASE OF BEARD, HOLD BEARD STRAIGHT**

- picture of spur measurements ** SPUR MEASUREMENT PICTURES NEED TO BE MEASURED STARTING AT THE 2" MARK ON THE MEASURING TAPE.**

Scoring

Team with most points win

Jake: 2 points

Tom: 4 points

Additional points available:

-public land 2 additional points (picture of verification in front of wma sign or a gps pin on map)

-Beard 10" 1 additional point

-Beard 11" or longer 2 additional points

-Spurs 1.125" 1 additional point

-Spurs 1.25" 2 additional points

-Spurs 1.5" or longer 3 additional points

** SPUR MEASUREMENT PICTURES NEED TO BE MEASURED STARTING AT THE 2" MARK ON THE MEASURING TAPE.**

-Bow kill: 1 extra point provided proof of using bow

-Extra beard(s): 1 additional point per extra beard
I’m fine with losing the extra points for public. I’m also fine with have no extra points either way but the other extra points could break a tie a little easier. I think you can enter your first turkey the day you shoot it and then if your second bird is bigger, you can enter it the day you shoot it. But only one turkey will qualify you for the win.

Just keep it simple Adam as I said before if someone has to cheat to win they got more problems than we can help with odt.
Good pic of Beard + spur copy of harvest record biggest bird of 2 wins must be recorded to judge the day killed
SAMPLE
11” beard + 1.25 spur = score of 12.25
I feel 1 bird should not matter whether it’s killed on wma,private,bow or 410
This is just a fun game with like minded friends on the odt I hope everyone kills a nice one.

Just keep it simple Adam as I said before if someone has to cheat to win they got more problems than we can help with odt.
Good pic of Beard + spur copy of harvest record biggest bird of 2 wins must be recorded to judge the day killed
SAMPLE
11” beard + 1.25 spur = score of 12.25
I feel 1 bird should not matter whether it’s killed on wma,private,bow or 410
This is just a fun game with like minded friends on the odt I hope everyone kills a nice one.
I’m perfectly fine with doing it like that. So that’s how we are gonna do it to keep everything simple as possible.

Back
Top Bottom