Trading Slow Down

Sometimes the cost of the fuel for the trip to swap even makes a difference.
Not only has our income went down most everything costs more as well.
We just don't have as much money at the end of the month as we used to.

The rules of Supply and Demand are at work! The rules of a falling economy are also at work!

America has been on a gun buying binge since 2008, and prices have reflected that with breathtaking increases in prices for both guns and ammo.
Manufacturers ramped up production, dealers stocked-up to the hilt ,,, buyers bought and bought and bought until thier closets are now full.
This in the face of one of the highest un and under employment rates in a couple of decades!!!

Last Fall and on into Winter there were a number of manufacturers and dealers that dropped prices on large inventory items, many at cost or below.
Then January 1st most manufacturers took their annual 10% price increase .... because they always do so! Now, especially with AR's we a seeing deals that would seem amazing
just a year ago: Midwest is advertising a DPMS Complete upper for $399, lots of specials on Glocks and Sigs. Prices are falling because the closets are full and demand is down.

The immediate effect is and will continue to be falling pricers of NEW guns (and Ammo), because dealers will want to dump high priced inventory before they get caught "holding the bag".

On the other hand, gun owners will be reluctant to sell the overpriced stuff that they have in their own inventory (because prices have fallen and are falling) ... So, "demand" gets hit even more.

That's where we are .. and I predict that we will see even more reductions going into Fall.

What this means is that if you are trying to dispose of "extra inventory" it is easier to trade it than to cash it out (unless you are willing to drop your price significantly)

Personally, my inventory is about where I want it to be and I don't have a lot on my "wish list" .... except to maybe "cash out" a few items that I don't really need.

My 2 cents worth ...

I've started to see some crazy high prices as of late in here. Seems like some folks bought inventory during peak demand and now trying to not lose their arse. It could also be some folks just wanna see if they can take some noob. Yeah buyer beware blah, blah, blah.

I just start to rage when I see $200 milsurp rifles listed at $450 and police trade-ins going for new prices.

I've started to see some crazy high prices as of late in here. Seems like some folks bought inventory during peak demand and now trying to not lose their arse. It could also be some folks just wanna see if they can take some noob. Yeah buyer beware blah, blah, blah.

I just start to rage when I see $200 milsurp rifles listed at $450 and police trade-ins going for new prices.

Get ready to see a lot more of that.

I think a lot of it in my area also has to do with the heat. People aren't getting outside to shoot. If people aren't shooting, they aren't nare as likely to get dissatisfied with what they have. When the weather cools I think we'll see some increase in trading. My 2 cents, Thanks' Chuckdog.

Back
Top Bottom