Trading Slow Down

I agree, especially the higher end guns(750.00-1000.00) are very hard to sell for cash. All I see moving right now are 300-500 dollar guns which is fine but if you have a more expensive gun it seems that you dont get the amount of responses you were getting a couple months ago.

Gun prices have been on an upward trajectory at a rate that was well above inflation, while purchasing power has been on a downward trajectory. Sooner or later, that difference has to show up in the marketplace, and I think we're seeing it.

work has slowed for me ..............that means folks are holding on to their $$$$$$ tighter ..

alot of people I have worked for or ran into this year are tight on the $$$$$$$$$$$ for one reason or another .......job cut backs or spouse lost their job ;( or companies cutting out overtime ............which means no extra dough for toys ;(

I have made a couple of deals this year ....but less than last year ........and even less than the year before !

I have a couple of guns I am not attached to with a passion but ......for the most part I really like my core group of toyz :)

I have seen some great deals on this forum since joining that if I had of had the extra cash I woulda jumped on with both feet

The main reason is because you have the same basic guns floating around for sale and all they do is swap hands 6 or 8 times. XD's, M&P's, FNP's, XDM's, H&K's and Glocks, just one right after the other. Once everybody has had their "oohs and ahhs", the trading slows down until a new wave comes. Now put up a Glock 29 or a Colt Delta Elite 10mm or a Smith 625 and you will see activity. Here in the next month or so, rifle activity will increase.

I agree with redneckcamo 100% and its just hard to part with cash if you cant trade. I went to the gun show this past week in Marietta and it was slow as well. You did not really see anyone buying or trading anything and anyone who was walking around with any guns were only interested in selling for cash and told me that they were not even going to buy another gun with that cash. People are just trying to get buy now and if that means selling some toys to pay bills then thats what you gotta do.

I agree with the others about the economy, there are a ton of different models to choose from and some good deals in the classifieds right now. I just don't have the discretionary funds to jump on them like I had last year.

Back
Top Bottom