• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Toyota might start charging for remote start monthly for 2018+ model years.

at least fords fordpass app is free (at least for now lol) and optional to even have. most new fords, no matter the trim, will remote start through the ford pass app. remote start with the actual keyfob though is reserved as a option or only in higher tier models.

i used to be the guy make fun of remote starting......then i used it when it was freezing outside, windshield frozen over, and when i left for work my car was nice and toasty and i could see lol. instead of a mobile freezer and trying to scrape ice off enough of a spot on the windshield i can see out of till my car warms up enough to melt the rest (usually right when i pull into the parking lot at work lol). it doesnt get used much here in GA, but when it does its worth it lol. and when i remote start.....nobody can hop in and steal my car while its warming up lol.

I'm not just a Luddite I'm the king of the Luddites.
The middle boy was showing me that he could start his truck with his cellphone no matter where he was.
400 years ago I'd have had him burned at the stake.
The more complicated something is the more things that can go wrong and the more control you cede to your technomasters.
Yep. My company vehicle is a 2019. No way to start the damn thing if the key fob battery dies. Stupidest thing I've ever seen. There is a damn key hidden in the fob to unlock the door - but no ignition key. Just push button.

Yep. My company vehicle is a 2019. No way to start the damn thing if the key fob battery dies. Stupidest thing I've ever seen. There is a damn key hidden in the fob to unlock the door - but no ignition key. Just push button.

most keyfob cars have a spot you can put the fob that will still allow the car to start even if the fobs dead. center console and glove box are the most common spots. worth a google search to see if you have one.

In Chrysler cars the Start/stop button pops out, you can insert the fob with a dead battery and start the car.

Back
Top Bottom