• ODT Gun Show this Saturday! - Click here for info and tickets!

Toxic railway fire in Ohio should never have happened.

They basically lit the leaking gasses on fire to try and get the railway opened back up faster after the derailment from what I have read. Big boom that somehow has not made the headlines....A lot of people F'd up on this one.

There is very few options when dealing with this many chemicals but the damage is going to last for years. On top of vinyl chloride which is bad enough the train also contained ethylene glycol monobutyl ether, ethylhexyl acrylate and isobutylene. Some pretty nasty stuff for sure and all are long term aquatic contaminants

It's already causing issues for any local FD that responded, their gear is contaminated. Many of the departments in that area are going to be volunteer; so they really don't have a budget to immediately replace even if the vendors could get them gear fast.

It's already causing issues for any local FD that responded, their gear is contaminated. Many of the departments in that area are going to be volunteer; so they really don't have a budget to immediately replace even if the vendors could get them gear fast.

From the article...

"now facing expensive gear replacement cost due to the exposure to carcinogens while the train cars burned."

Every damned fire they've ever been to they've been exposed to carcinogens.....:doh:

Another hazardous spill with evacuations in Arizona yesterday😒
That was a truck that wrecked.
The SC derailment was 3 freight cars that didn't even turn over.
All this made me curious and look up how often derailments happen and its CRAZY. Over 1000 derailments per year.

View attachment 5349600

Another derailment in Houston, Tx today, more hazardous chemicals.

This report says 100 gal of diesel fuel and household chemicals like you buy at the supermarket.

That was a truck that wrecked.
The SC derailment was 3 freight cars that didn't even turn over.
All this made me curious and look up how often derailments happen and its CRAZY. Over 1000 derailments per year.

Which is the very reason we needed the Keystone pipeline...much safer and better for the environment!

But no, sleepy joe has to cancel it first week in office.

Back
Top Bottom