• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Torque wrench question

I use an old Chrysler Master Tech Award 3/8" needle type (I checked calibration) and it's been good for most stuff. I have a Consolidated Devices, Inc. dial micro meter type torque wrench 3/8" also, that's been checked and works great for light weight stuff (goes to 750 in/lbs) if you don't mind doing the conversion.

Both came from estate sales OR a pawn shop. The ones in Macon are covered up in torque wrenches and some even have calibration meters to check them out.

I use both crows feet and 3/8" - 1/2" adapters and haven't had any issues.

I'll never forget the look of disgust William Larson was giving some nerd in his class that broke out two different fancy torque wrenches and started asking nerd questions about torque.

He said something like "I'm not here to teach you how to tighten a ****ing nut" or something like that.

Will used torque wrenches, but he didn’t go down the rabbit hole of length of the attachments and other stuff. I don’t either.

I tell my students to get torque wrenches and use them. Any decent torque wrench will do; it’s a castle nut, not the windshield on the space shuttle.

Will used torque wrenches, but he didn’t go down the rabbit hole of length of the attachments and other stuff. I don’t either.

I tell my students to get torque wrenches and use them. Any decent torque wrench will do; it’s a castle nut, not the windshield on the space shuttle or the access portal on the Ocean's Gate submersible.
ftfy, LOL.

ftfy, LOL.
FB7EC923-0454-4AEF-9BC5-C56D1F6B6312.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom