• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tonight's AR15 project

Thanks for the post OP.........been toying with the idea of building an AR and only have a small budget to do it......this answers any questions about what lower to get.......may have to slow down and get quality as it goes on sale rather then buy what I can afford at this time..........

Thanks for the post OP.........been toying with the idea of building an AR and only have a small budget to do it......this answers any questions about what lower to get.......may have to slow down and get quality as it goes on sale rather then buy what I can afford at this time..........

I have three Anderson lowers sitting in the safe, two are blems. I have less than $100 in all of them. The lower is literally the cheapest thing about building an AR outside of the upper parts kit. I can't see a reason to get poly, or spend more than a hundred bucks on one.

I have three Anderson lowers sitting in the safe, two are blems. I have less than $100 in all of them. The lower is literally the cheapest thing about building an AR outside of the upper parts kit. I can't see a reason to get poly, or spend more than a hundred bucks on one.

Yeah.......I have seen the blems show up from time to time for around $40 before FFL fee........I think that is the direction I am going to go.......may end up waiting for a killer deal on a PSA upper.......maybe the "Freedom"......

We were shooting in the pasture when we got all that ice this year. My neighbor's kid stepped on his rifle that had a poly lower. Broke clean in two in the same spot. I wonder if the cold makes them more brittle?

We were shooting in the pasture when we got all that ice this year. My neighbor's kid stepped on his rifle that had a poly lower. Broke clean in two in the same spot. I wonder if the cold makes them more brittle?

I think that's just the weakest point, and you have a hole there. I think Tennessee arms bulks up that part of the lower. Like someone said earlier, you can make a poly lower, just not one that a carbon copy of aluminum ones.

Probably. But the receiver extension junction has been a known weak spot for a long time.

Like ASH556, I have my doubts about the story given by the owner of the rifle in the OP. It's unlikely that it broke after one round. There was probably some preexisting damage that went unnoticed until it was fired.

Back
Top Bottom