• ODT Gun Show & Swap Meet - May 4, 2024! - Click here for info

Tonight's AR15 project

I used a Tennessee Arms poly hybrid lower on my budget build and I have been rough with it (tactical couch dives and other operator ****) and so far it's held up quite well and has a lifetime warranty.

Of all the poly designs, the TN Arms seems to be the best. But aluminum lowers are so inexpensive that poly doesn't seem worth it to me.
True, I got mine before all the aluminum lowers bottomed out in price. Only reason why I have one.

Don't get me wrong I still have an aluminum lower too... Just need more funds to start that one up.

I finished it up with no additional drama once I grabbed a different Anderson lower. We will contact Anderson about a replacement lower. Up to the customer to contact Omni if he wants to. From our perspective, we weren't there and didn't see what happened. I'm not a fan of polymer lowers, but I also have a hard time believing that it failed from just being shot.

The worst part of the whole ordeal for me was having to remove the front takedown pin not once, but twice (I didn't catch the F'd up Anderson bolt catch until I went to install it, so the front pin was already in). I use a razor blade to compress/capture the detent, then rotate the takedown pin so that the slot is no longer in place for the detent to snap in. Then I just slide it out and catch the spring/detent. I'm all ears if someone has a better method, though!

I use a razor blade to compress/capture the detent, then rotate the takedown pin so that the slot is no longer in place for the detent to snap in. Then I just slide it out and catch the spring/detent. I'm all ears if someone has a better method, though!

Better method to remove the front pin? Easy, stick a punch through the hole in the pin, depress the detent, rotate pin, remove.

Back
Top Bottom